Penal Madrid

Alarcón

Best team maybe, but not by far. Barça was the "best team by far" a few years ago. RM is one out of a few. People who think they will steamroll teams in the CL are in for a surprise. These teams will have better tactics against RM than most of La Liga, not to mention much better players.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Best team maybe, but not by far. Barça was the "best team by far" a few years ago. RM is one out of a few. People who think they will steamroll teams in the CL are in for a surprise. These teams will have better tactics against RM than most of La Liga, not to mention much better players.

Agreed. Attack-wise I think Real Madrid is indeed the best team in the world, but overall Bayern is still better than them. And I don't think any team will reach the height of us between 2008-2012, aka "the best team in the history of football" any time soon.

CuleLife4Life

Agreed. Attack-wise I think Real Madrid is indeed the best team in the world, but overall Bayern is still better than them. And I don't think any team will reach the height of us between 2008-2012, aka "the best team in the history of football" any time soon.

From watching today's game against BVB, Bayern are going to struggle against a team that counter attacks. They were definitely not the better team for chunks of the game. As of now I'd put both RM and Bayern tied.

Barcadub

They should go on and win the league this year.

Not even sure they will drop points until we meet them in the classico in March.

They are simply too good and hammering everybody put infront of them at the moment.

Der Kaiser

They should go on and win the league this year.

Not even sure they will drop points until we meet them in the classico in March

They are simply too good and hammering everybody put infront of them at the moment.

You´re new to La Liga aren´t you? :lol:

Schumi

Like Schalke, Liverpool, Atletico, Bayern or Barca?

At the moment, they have to be considered the best team in the world until us or somebody else proves otherwise.

Atletico and us are the only teams to genuinely trouble in the most recent period.

xavisionary

RM are turning into Barca 2009-12 where I look forward to seeing them play every single time. No shocks for me tonight, 3-1.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

From watching today's game against BVB, Bayern are going to struggle against a team that counter attacks. They were definitely not the better team for chunks of the game. As of now I'd put both RM and Bayern tied.

Bayern were clearly better than BVB for 100% of the match, even had many more clear chances, also in half 1, not 2.
BVB got VERY lucky to be in the lead at all.

btw, as for Real the best etc.
We are talking about a club which has to pay almost 400M € liabilities short-term and quite a bit over 600M € long-term. Under Perez, their liabilities are ever increasing. That La Liga and FFP see no problem in Perez' business methods, is an outright disgrace.
Of course such a team will be better than most other sides who play by the rules and are financially more stable and healthy. And in case you put a coach/manager on the side-line who is actually great, the team will most likely perform equally great. Big surprise.

Alarcón

RM defensive midfield is still vulnerable and leaves a lot of space. I'm looking forward to the day when a team actually makes something of that. Shame their other areas are so good though.

Neeraj

Anybody else think Madrid looked really good in the first half yesterday? I thought they looked like scoring from every wave of attack. It's a combination of quick, crisp passing, lots of movement on and off the ball, players willing to take their man on and making mazy dribbles, snap shots, and every player pressing like his life depends on it.

Seeing this made me a bit sad, because this is what we had not so long back, it's sad to see how we look like a shadow of ourselves now. I agree it wasn't a particularly strong liverpool side, but I hate hearing that as an excuse, because we have looked crap against the weaker teams in La Liga as well.

For me, the intensity that Madrid showed in the first half (which sort of dropped in the second half, understandable as they are leading in a fairly pointless game) is the big difference between us and them. Every player starting from Ronaldo to Varane is working much harder, and just wants it more, while we just seem to stroll around and pass laterally without too much purpose under Lucho. Hate to admit it, but you've got to hand it to Carlo.

Home of Barca Fans