Penal Madrid

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Was De Bosque allready in the club when Perez was elected president? If not, that could be regarded as the best transfer still.
Oh, we are the best club in the world now :) Its official.

Yep, he was. Florentino sacked him or 'Didn't renew his contract' though.

Bertus

4 finals, 3 goals for Bale!
But but but!

RM paid too much! Waste of money!

Joke aside, now I hope people will shut up with the transfer fee comments.

Just like James, when I said Barca should buy him, I was laughed at here. So far he's doing good and sell mass of shirts. I don't see where RM did a mistake.

But I guess those who criticize are more happy with Vermi and Douglas :VdB:

Leo_Messi

This team will go down as the greatest ever.

Far too soon to conclude that yet your current run is amazing. 22 consecutive victories while averaging almost 4 goals on average in all of those games. Insane. 4 consecutive victories from equaling the "world record" of Ajax.

The team seems more stable and happier than ever. Ancelotti has to be given immense credit for that. I knew that he would succeed the second I heard that Pérez had hired him. Yet Mourinho built the fundament. It was a controversial appointment and was not always pretty (football wise or success wise) but his time at the club built the fundament for the right successor to succeed. Ironically we (FCB) currently need such a thing but most people are unable to admit this.

Anyway lot of the success is down to Isco and Kroos. It's pathetic to think that FCB omitted Isco despite Thiago leaving that Summer (2013) and despite Isco being a culé and being rather cheap.

Similarily with Kroos. Zubinútil apparently was not interested in the German despite him wanting to come to the club.

Now we have both playing at an extremely high level and improving our main rival tenfold. More importantly they are both youngsters with their best years ahead of them.

While we have two aging legends in Xavi and Iniesta as a counter. No wonder that you guys are favorites for the league title.

I am not joking but I could do a better job than Zubinútil.

Last edited:

Bertus

Far too soon to conclude that yet your current run is amazing. 22 consecutive victories while averaging almost 4 goals on average in all of those games. Insane. 4 consecutive victories from equaling the "world record" of Ajax.

The team seems more stable and happier than ever. Ancelotti has to be given immense credit for that. I knew that he would succeed the second I heard that Pérez had hired him. Yet Mourinho built the fundament. It was a controversial appointment and was not always pretty (football wise or success wise) but his time at the club built the fundament for the right successor to succeed. Ironically we (FCB) currently need such a thing but most people are unable to admit this.

Anyway lot of the success is down to Isco and Kroos. It's pathetic to think that FCB omitted Isco despite Thiago leaving that Summer (2013) and despite Isco being a culé and being rather cheap.

Similarily with Kroos. Zubinútil apparently was not interested in the German despite him wanting to come to the club.

Now we have both playing at an extremely high level and improving our main rival tenfold. More importantly they are both youngsters with their best years ahead of them.

While we have two aging legends in Xavi and Iniesta as a counter. No wonder that you guys are favorites for the league title.

That was Lucho who said no to Kroos. He preferred Rakitic.

Leo_Messi

That was Lucho who said no to Kroos. He preferred Rakitic.

Zubinútil has probably never even seen Kroos play. Pérez recently stated in a interview with Marca (I am fluent in Spanish) that Kroos was bought BEFORE the World Cup. Most likely talks were already very advanced long before Lucho was appointed in May as any club could negotiate with Kroos and his agent from January on where as he only had 6 months left of his contract.
I am 100% certain that Lucho wanted Kroos (who would not?) but by the time that he got appointed it was far too late.

Not for the first or last time that this has happened according to consistent rumors.

The blame of the current ills of the club is the responsibility of our leadership that destroyed the wonderful legacy that Laporta gave to them. They received a club at the top and instead of improving it they have failed miserably overall.

As a club member it pains me to see the club in this state and nobody but the current regime being responsible. The regime that we club members elected and need to held accountable.

Let RM win a few more trophies. Maybe that will wake them up.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Zubinútil has probably never even seen Kroos play. Pérez recently stated in a interview with Marca (I am fluent in Spanish) that Kroos was bought BEFORE the World Cup. Most likely talks were already very advanced long before Lucho was appointed in May as any club could negotiate with Kroos and his agent from January on where as he only had 6 months left of his contract.
I am 100% certain that Lucho wanted Kroos (who would not?) but by the time that he got appointed it was far too late.

Not for the first or last time that this has happened according to consistent rumors.

The blame of the current ills of the club is the responsibility of our leadership that destroyed the wonderful legacy that Laporta gave to them. They received a club at the top and instead of improving it they have failed miserably overall.

As a club member it pains me to see the club in this state and nobody but the current regime being responsible. The regime that we club members elected and need to held accountable.

Let RM win a few more trophies. Maybe that will wake them up.

Pep was the reason the club was so succesful when the Barca this board took over.

He was the one that revolutionised the whole club when Laporta was starting to run it into the ground by around the 2008 period.

In some ways Laporta deserves credit for making Pep boss - but in truth he was unbelievably lucky to get arguably the greatest manager of all time fall into his lap in the way he did.

Leo_Messi

Pep was the reason the club was so succesful when the Barca this board took over.

He was the one that revolutionised the whole club when Laporta was starting to run it into the ground by around the 2008 period.

In some ways Laporta deserves credit for making Pep boss - but in truth he was unbelievably lucky to get arguably the greatest manager of all time fall into his lap in the way he did.

Yes and who appointed Pep? Yes, you guessed it right. No other than Laporta himself mate.

The past 10 years of unprecedented success that we as fans have enjoyed is largely thanks to Laporta and his team. Nobody should be able to deny that.

Laporta was not running the club into the ground. What happened was that the "Rijkaard generation" was slowly but steadily running out of time. Ronaldinho as the main man. Deco another. Let alone Rijkaard himself. Besides we should have won the league in 2006-2007 (lost it in the second last round against Espanyol - Tamudo says hello). In such a case only the 2007-2008 would have been a failure. That's impressive in 5 years time. You can't win it all every season as we all know.

Pep or not looking at where the club was in the Summer 2003 and what Laporta had achieved at a short period of time (long before Pep arrived) deserves nothing more than praise.

Now tell me what this current regime has done of good things in terms of sports achievements? I am only interested in the football section in this case. Not our basketball, handball, hockey, futsal etc. sections.

The triumphs in the 2010-2011 season (so far the highlights of the "Rosell/Bartomeu era") were the legacy of Laporta and his team. Not the snake Rosell. It was even Laporta that bought Villa.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Yes and who appointed Pep? Yes, you guessed it right. No other than Laporta himself mate.

The past 10 years of unprecedented success that we as fans have enjoyed is largely thanks to Laporta and his team. Nobody should be able to deny that.

Laporta was not running the club into the ground. What happened was that the "Rijkaard generation" was slowly but steadily running out of time. Ronaldinho as the main man. Deco another. Let alone Rijkaard himself. Besides we should have won the league in 2006-2007 (lost it in the second last round against Espanyol - Tamudo says hello). In such a case only the 2007-2008 would have been a failure. That's might impressive in 5 years time. You can't win it all every season as we all know.

Pep or not looking at where the club was in the Summer 2003 and what Laporta had achieved at a sort period of time (long before Pep arrived) deserves nothing more than praise.

Now tell me what this current regime has done of good things in terms of sports achievements?

The triumphs in the 2010-2011 season was the legacy of Laporta and his team. Not the snake Rosell. It was even Laporta that bought Villa.

I said that he appointed Pep and deserves credit for that but they were lucky that Pep was right there on front of them and Pep was the one that came in and made right so much that they had fucked up at the club.

Before Pep came in the B team was neglected and in the lowest position for 30 odd years. They were even wanting to knock down the mini stadi. The first team was third behind Villareal and a bang average Real Madrid team. The best players at the club were running riot and he no one to control them.

Laporta was brilliant for Barca no doubt. Particularly in the early years when the new board came in and saved the club. At that point his charisma and political skills led the board - but he wasnt the sole decision maker. As time went on and Laporta tried to take on more power on his own his short comings were exposed and his running of the club was terrible. Far worse than it is now.

His legacy was saved by Pep, who changed club from top to bottom.

Icarium

Lifestealer
This Real Madrid is good but not as good as Barca 10/11. It is better than Jupp Bayern though.. They have a very good chance for a treble. But I think Atletico will be a big hurdle for them in copa. As Atletico has almost zero chances of winning liga they will give their all in copa so it will be tough. And Chelsea will give some competition for them in CL, but Real are favorites for CL. If barca does not fuck up anymore they could still stop Real from winning treble. It would be amazing if barca won the league, atletico copa and Bayern CL. Better if it is barca winning all three. But with our mid it is very tough to even win one trophy.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Leo_Messi

I said that he appointed Pep and deserves credit for that but they were lucky that Pep was right there on front of them and Pep was the one that came in and made right so much that they had fucked up at the club.

Before Pep came in the B team was neglected and in the lowest position for 30 odd years. They were even wanting to knock down the mini stadi. The first team was third behind Villareal and a bang average Real Madrid team. The best players at the club were running riot and he no one to control them.

Laporta was brilliant for Barca no doubt. Particularly in the early years when the new board came in and saved the club. At that point his charisma and political skills led the board - but he wasnt the sole decision maker. As time went on and Laporta tried to take on more power on his own his short comings were exposed and his running of the club was terrible. Far worse than it is now.

His legacy was saved by Pep, who changed club from top to bottom.

Please don't be silly. You sound like a Rossell apologist. Can any senior user here confirm that this is indeed the case? Because that's what I am likely to conclude from your two posts just in this thread.

Ridicolous claim. There is always an element of luck involved in sport. Now before Laporta appointed Pep he had appointed another relative novice in Rijkaard and that also resulted in almost instant success.

He did it again with Pep and the result was the same. Just a even better result. This cannot be a coincidence anymore.

We are talking about the senior team and its achievements. Nobody has claimed that Laporta was a saint or flawless but every non-biased fan can obviously see which person gave the most to the club. Besides it was under Laporta that the B team returned to the Liga Adelante. It's obviously Laporta. He is undoubtedly the architect behind our success for the past 10 years. It's thanks to his visions, courage and correct decisions.

Rosell had 3 years (I am not counting his first season as that was obviously Laportas team and legacy) to show similar results but what has he to show other than a single league title? Nothing is the answer. The club has not been this bad in ages.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Please don't be silly. You sound like a Rossell apologist. Can any senior user here confirm that this is indeed the case? Because that's what I am likely to conclude from your two posts just in this thread.

Ridicolous claim. There is always an element of luck involved in sport. Now before Laporta appointed Pep he had appointed another relative novice in Rijkaard and that also resulted in almost instant success.

He did it again with Pep and the result was the same. Just a even better result. This cannot be a coincidence anymore.

We are talking about the senior team and its achievements. Nobody has claimed that Laporta was a saint or flawless but every non-biased fan can obviously see which person gave the most to the club. Besides it was under Laporta that the B team returned to the Liga Adelante. It's obviously Laporta. He is undoubtedly the architect behind our success for the past 10 years. It's thanks to his visions, courage and correct decisions.

I dont really care about Rosell, I just dont agree with this idea that Laporta is the man to save the club.

It is a different ball game now for the senior team - you just totally fail to realise how different things are now. The brilliant generation of barca youth players have passed, the standard of opposition is far higher now than it was back then.

You are expecting this club to do something no club in history has ever achieved - stay at the top forever. It doesnt happen.

Home of Barca Fans