Penal Madrid

JamDav1982

Please don't be silly. You sound like a Rossell apologist. Can any senior user here confirm that this is indeed the case? Because that's what I am likely to conclude from your two posts just in this thread.

Ridicolous claim. There is always an element of luck involved in sport. Now before Laporta appointed Pep he had appointed another relative novice in Rijkaard and that also resulted in almost instant success.

He did it again with Pep and the result was the same. Just a even better result. This cannot be a coincidence anymore.

We are talking about the senior team and its achievements. Nobody has claimed that Laporta was a saint or flawless but every non-biased fan can obviously see which person gave the most to the club. Besides it was under Laporta that the B team returned to the Liga Adelante. It's obviously Laporta. He is undoubtedly the architect behind our success for the past 10 years. It's thanks to his visions, courage and correct decisions.

Rosell had 3 years (I am not counting his first season as that was obviously Laportas team and legacy) to show similar results but what has he to show other than a single league title? Nothing is the answer. The club has not been this bad in ages.

The club was worse in 2008. In almost every single aspect possible.

Leo_Messi

I dont really care about Rosell, I just dont agree with this idea that Laporta is the man to save the club.

It is a different ball game now for the senior team - you just totally fail to realise how different things are now. The brilliant generation of barca youth players have passed, the standard of opposition is far higher now than it was back then.

You are expecting this club to do something no club in history has ever achieved - stay at the top forever. It doesnt happen.

I don't see you challenging the facts that I wrote at all. Nor are you able to give the deserved credit to Laporta for his instrumental work for the club that every blind man can recognize.

How do you reach the conclusion that I want Laporta back in 2016? I never commented on that. To answer you then he for sure would be a better option than those pathetic goons that are currently ruining the club slowly but steadily.

No, I am not and that's your own empty claim. But sure I expect more than what we have seen in the past 3 years.

Answer me what the sports achievements of Rosell and now Bartomeu have been since 2011.

The club was worse in 2008. In almost every single aspect possible.

The reason why the clubs fundament is so strong, regardless of the dip in form, is largely due to Laporta. That's not something that Rosell can give himself credit for at all. Besides the situation was not ideal in 2008 but neither as bad as you want to make it out and the fact that the club lived through its best season ever the year after is a living proof of that. Under the guidance of Laporta once again.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I don't see you challenging the facts that I wrote at all. Nor are you able to give the deserved credit to Laporta for his instrumental work for the club that every blind man can recognize.

How do you reach the conclusion that I want Laporta back in 2016? I never commented on that. To answer you then he for sure would be a better option than those pathetic goons that are currently ruining the club slowly but steadily.

No, I am not and that's your own empty claim. But sure I expect more than what we have seen in the past 3 years.

Answer me what the sports achievements of Rosell and now Bartomeu have been since 2011.

The reason why the clubs fundament is so strong, regardless in a dip of form, is largely due to Laporta. That's nots something that Rosell can give himself credit for at all. Besides the situation was not ideal in 2008 but neither as bad as you won't to make it out and the fact that the club lived through its best season ever the year after is a living proof of that.

I said Laporta was brilliant for the club, especially in early years. Read back.7

You are just totally ignoring the fact that no club in history has sustained success. That includes Laportas Barcelona.

Today it is much harder for Barca to get back to top for many reasons outwith who is in charge at club.

Leo_Messi

I said Laporta was brilliant for the club, especially in early years. Read back.7

You are just totally ignoring the fact that no club in history has sustained success. That includes Laportas Barcelona.

Today it is much harder for Barca to get back to top for many reasons outwith who is in charge at club.

A very poor recognition that came after ridiculous criticism of Laporta.

No I am not. I wrote earlier in this very thread (a few minutes ago in fact) that success is impossible to sustain at all times. Laporta's 2006-2007 and 2007-2008 seasons were a living proof of that.

Yet you fail to answer my questions or discuss the facts that I mentioned.

Are you satisfied with the state of the club? If so you are in the minority. Do you understand that Laporta left the club in an almost ideal position for his successor to built on that legacy further? What we have seen instead is neglect, scandals after scandals, a possible transfer ban (nobody but the leadership is to thank for that) that could have fatal consequences on the short run, moronic transfers, lack of addressing the real squad problems of the squad (the CB miseries) etc.

The most important thing (success) has also largely escaped the club for the past 3 seasons. Despite our privileged position and squad. As a culé you have to have big ambitions and failures (especially in our current privileged position) should not be tolerated. Especially not if those failures are self-made!

That's a whole other discussion and I agree with that. Mainly due to RM's raise. CL is as difficult to win as always although the top teams have improved. Is that not the case almost always anyway? That overall the top teams in Europe are getting stronger for each year/generation? I would claim so.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

A very poor recognition that came after ridiculous criticism of Laporta.

No I am not. I wrote earlier in this very thread (a few minutes ago even) that success is impossible to sustain at all times. Laporta's 2006-2007 and 2007-2008 seasons were living proof of that.

Yet you fail to answer my questions or discuss the facts that I mentioned.

Are you satisfied with how the club is dealt with? If so you are in the minority. Do you understand that Laporta left the club in an almost ideal situation for his successor to built on that legacy? What we have seen instead is neglect, scandals after scandals, a possible transfer ban (nobody but the leadership is to thank for that) that could have fatal consequences on the short run etc.

The most important thing (success) has also largely escaped the club for the past 3 seasons. Despite our privileged position and squad.

That's a whole other discussion and I agree with that. Mainly due to RM's raise. CL is as difficult to win as always although the top teams have improved. Is that not the case almost always anyway? That overall the top teams in Europe are getting stronger for each year/generation?

The transfer ban Laporta said he agreed with Barcelonas stance on so we can most likely assume he would have done the same thing.

As for scandals there were arguably more under Laporta!

The current board have made errors clearly but what I will never agree with is that they are to blame for everything and the reason Barca are not still the best team in europe. There are so many outside factors that people ignore that would have made it extremely difficult no matter who is in charge.

Leo_Messi

The transfer ban Laporta said he agreed with Barcelonas stance on so we can most likely assume he would have done the same thing.

As for scandals there were arguably more under Laporta!

The current board have made errors clearly but what I will never agree with is that they are to blame for everything and the reason Barca are not still the best team in europe. There are so many outside factors that people ignore that would have made it extremely difficult no matter who is in charge.

Does not matter. The transfer ban did not arrive during his tenure.

How so?

Nobody is ever to blame for everything nor can anybody be credited for everything in terms of success but the current board is to blame for a HELL lot of the current ills at the club. That is undoubtedly the truth.

Everything from mismanagement of the club, wrong manager appointments, a pathetic sports director that for God knows which reason still has the full support of the board, transfers, lack of support to Messi, the upcoming transfer ban etc.

Let alone the most important thing. Success on the field. It remains absent despite a squad and a club setup that most top clubs are envious about.

It is very likely that the club will win nothing until the Summer 2016. How is that acceptable?

FCB is not Espanyol or Montpellier.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Does not matter. The transfer ban did not arrive during his tenure.

How so?

Nobody is ever to blame for everything nor can anybody be credited for everything in terms of success but the current board is to blame for a HELL lot of the current ills at the club. That is undoubtedly the truth.

Everything from mismanagement of the club, wrong manager appointments, a pathetic sports director that for God knows which reason still has the full support of the board, transfers, lack of support to Messi, the upcoming transfer ban etc.

Let alone the most important thing. Success on the field.

The transfer ban did not arrive during his tenure as FIFA were not pushing the rules to the same level. The exact same transfers were happening in his time. No idea what point you are trying to make there.

Success on the field isnt easy and far more difficult now than before.

The first team level had dropped which was inevitable but they were one wrongly dissalowed goal from being league champions in a year where Messi was missing for large chunks as was Valdes. This idea that missing out on league by a single goal is some kind of on field crisis is absurd and just shows how spoilt some Barca fans have become.

Below first team level the club is in far better position now - one of youngest ever b teams holding their own in segunda and almost every age group below that winning trophies last season.

Leo_Messi

The transfer ban did not arrive during his tenure as FIFA were not pushing the rules to the same level. The exact same transfers were happening in his time. No idea what point you are trying to make there.

Success on the field isnt easy and far more difficult now than before.

The first team level had dropped which was inevitable but they were one wrongly dissalowed goal from being league champions in a year where Messi was missing for large chunks as was Valdes. This idea that missing out on league by a single goal is some kind of on field crisis is absurd and just shows how spoilt some Barca fans have become.

Below first team level the club is in far better position now - one of youngest ever b teams holding their own in segunda and almost every age group below that winning trophies last season.

The club was not following the rules. Hence they were punished. Not under Laporta's tenure but under Rosell's. It's this simple. The current board is to blame.

Not "far more difficult". We still remain an absolute top club and have all the right tools to succeed once again.

You know very well that it was down to pure luck that we even had the opportunity to win the league in the last league game last season. We simply did not deserve to win the league.

Understand that we went from being the by far best team in Europe to being below average. Yes, some of it is down to certain key players either leaving or dropping their levels (Valdés, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta) but many of the current ills are a direct consequence of the failures of this board and mismanagement that could have been avoided which you totally omit.

Nobody, for the last time, expects another repeat of the 2008-2012 era but we can for sure expect bigger things.

Once again I don't blame all the ills on the current board nor all the success on Laporta but I can't understand how anybody can praise Rosell and omit Laporta's legacy.

JamDav1982

The club was not following the rules. Hence they were punished. Not under Laporta's tenure but under Rosell's. It's this simple. The current board is to blame.

Not "far more difficult". We still remain an absolute top club and have all the right tools to succeed once again.

You know very well that it was down to pure luck that we even had the opportunity to win the league in the last league game last season. We simply did not deserve to win the league.

Understand that we went from being the by far best team in Europe to being below average. Yes, some of it is down to certain key players either leaving or dropping their levels (Valdés, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta) but many of the current ills are a direct consequence of the failures of this board and mismanagement that could have been avoided which you totally omit.

Nobody, for the last time, expects another repeat of the 2008-2012 era but we can for sure expect bigger things.

Once again I don't blame all the ills on the current board nor all the success on Laporta but I can't understand how anybody can praise Rosell and omit Laporta's legacy.

They were not following the rules under Laporta either and he said he agreed with them on that. So there is no difference on how this issue would have unfolded had Laporta been in charge now.

Really? You clearly said they received a club at top and didnt improve on it.

At least keep it consistent.

Leo_Messi

They were not following the rules under Laporta either and he said he agreed with them on that. So there is no difference on how this issue would have unfolded had Laporta been in charge now.

Really? You clearly said they received a club at top and didnt improve on it.

At least keep it consistent.

LOL. You have no idea of knowing that and once again the transfer ban happened under Rosell's tenure not Laporta's. This is extremely simple yet you omit it. Not my problem.

Read again. I said that we are entitled to expect more for the reasons I gave. That does not equal expecting another repeat of 2008-2012 which is obviously close to being impossible or at least many years away from happening again.

There is no point discussing this anymore as you obviously appear to be a apologist for the current board despite their many crucial ills that have hurt the club a lot.

JamDav1982

LOL. You have no idea of knowing that and once again the transfer ban happened under Rosell's tenure not Laporta's. This is extremely simple yet you omit it. Not my problem.

Read again. I said that we are entitled to expect more. That does not equal expecting another repeat of 2008-2012 which is obviously close to being impossible or at least many years away from happening.

There is no point discussing this anymore.

I know Laporta would have done the same as he has said it was right thing to do. I agree with both Laporta and the current board on that as they are fighting for a key element of what La Masia is all about.

You pointed out the club had not improved on what they were left then later states no one even expects them to maintain same level. Doesnt make any sense.

Home of Barca Fans