Penal Madrid

G

Gasgas

Really beautiful.

Sad to hear about James.

I'm still in disbelief that Sevilla only managed to score 1 single goal on all those opportunities, though. I'd call it an extremely unlucky game for Madrid due to injuries/suspensions, but a very lucky result. Their defense was horrendous at times, but so was Sevilla's.

Surely after this game, more Madrid fans are starting to realize how little ability Bale has. It's unbelievable the amount of plays that end with bad touches and bad decisions from him. He's like a possession black hole. The ball goes to him to never be seen again. It'd be one thing if he just were absent in build up play, but he's not simply absent, he is there and destroying it. He almost effectively functions as you'd imagine an opponent DM. But then on his 7th shot as he's handed the ball in the box by vastly superior players, he manages to knock it in, and all gets forgotten. He's such an embarrassment to the team. I was really getting worried when people were kicking at his ankles that he may be out! Thank god Bale made it through and is going to the Calderón! :D

This should surely be a loss for Madrid on Saturday.

We gotta make up these points fast before Modrić gets back, and this weekend will be our best opportunity till we face them.
:rofl1: :lol:

L

linetty

Guys, what are your thoughts on Saturday's game at the Calderon ?
I'm fairly calm, RM don't seem to know the recipe for beating Atleti, just like Barca last season. RM's defence seemed all over the place yesterday, they can't afford that at the Calderon. Ramos is out as well. I will be content with a draw but I'm aware that an Atleti win is not that far off.

Antimadridista1

RM will win, this tends to happen, you have a lot of trouble and that mobilize you more and opposition lets a guard down just a bit.

Yes, you can be right about that .
But it's hard to think that Cholo's team is gonna show complacency after the loss against us at the Calderon last week.
I expect Madrid to start with : (knowing that Pepe, Ramos, James, Marcelo won't play)

Casillas
Carvajal - Varane - Nacho - Arbeloa
Bale - Khedira - Kroos - Isco
Benzema - CR7

Their defense might be inexperienced against the likes of Turan/Griezmann/Mandzukic/Torres, don't you think so?

Last edited:
B

Batman

If Atletico is going to play the way they played against us - physical game with lots of fouls, it's going to be very tough for RM. I expect a draw. Needless to say, Torres has to start this game:).

Atleti were missing Godin and Koke playing us now they back and full strength I would expect them to dominate Real and win the game, knowing that many of Real starters will miss the game plus lack of rotation is taking its tool on Real players. Both Isco and Kroos look tired.

I

instinct

The appeal against Marcelo's yellow card has been rejected. The club apparently plans to appeal the decision again.

The appeal should have been accepted, really.

Frodo_FCB

Well you cant win all the appeals, when RM need to win them, uncle Flo does his magic.
And of course Marcelo is not Cristiano.

Home of Barca Fans