Penal Madrid

CuleLife4Life

The league isn't lost at all. Its insane to say that when we saw how last season went. If Atletico lose though, they'll be 10 points behind RM. As long as we stay 4point behind, we'll be ok. I expect us to go hard for clasico and win although thats almost 2 months from now.

Richard.H

1. They are playing in the Calderon
2. They don't have like 5-6 of their original players
3. Atletico is probably incredibly motivated now due to losing to us so many times. They don't wanna be whipping boys for RM and us.
4. Mandzukic, Godin, Gabi are all well rested.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Carlo still refuses to use his squad completely. His stubbornness is clearly showing its effects. There might come a time where they have to chose between CL and liga.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
If RM manages to win we can kiss this season goodbye. Nearly half of their team missing and them beating Atletico will be an absolute huge confidence boost. To be frank they deserve the title if they can manage to win this weekend.

Never say die. It ain't over till it's really over man.

CuleLife4Life

Carlo still refuses to use his squad completely. His stubbornness is clearly showing its effects. There might come a time where they have to chose between CL and liga.

He is paying the price clearly. Injuries often come when there is exhaustion and several player have been overplayed They have no bench for Atletico besides Jese,Arbeloa,& Illaramendi. Carlo never uses Chicarito and Lucas Silva isn't fit to play I think.

If Varane or Nacho or Coentrao goes down then we'll see Arbeloa has CB or LB :party1:

If one of the midfielders goes down, Carlo's last choice midfielder, Illaramendi, will be thrust into the game. Or worse, Lucas Silva who just came from Brazil. Modric isn't suppose to come back until the end of the month.

Very weird. I never thought they were that thin. Either way, I wish their La Liga schedule was tougher. After Atletico, its the likes of Elches&Deportivos. This would have been a prime time to drop points.

Richard.H

Arbeloa has to be one of the worst RM defenders. Dude made some bone headed mistakes in the match against Sevilla, a match where RM was clearly dominating. I would love to see Arbeloa in a CB position.

hardyboy

Guillem Balague: Madrid derby is a must-win for Atlético de Madrid... and they are favourites against a fatigued Real Madrid C.F.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Atletico needs to understand that if they lose this match they are pretty much out of title race. I hope they remember that and give 200% on the pitch.

Kerrybai

This is Atletico's cup final. In all honesty Simeone will know that winning the league won't happen this year. He knows that Barca and Madrid are just too strong. He'll also be fully aware that winning the CL is a lot less likely than last season, i.e. Atletico's final is Saturday against Madrid. While they realise trophies this season are next to impossible, winning against Madrid is still a saving grace.

Alik

This is Atletico's cup final. In all honesty Simeone will know that winning the league won't happen this year. He knows that Barca and Madrid are just too strong. He'll also be fully aware that winning the CL is a lot less likely than last season, i.e. Atletico's final is Saturday against Madrid. While they realise trophies this season are next to impossible, winning against Madrid is still a saving grace.

At any rate, they will probably not win the league if they lose the match. If they win, they are still in the race. They'd have the same gap with Madrid that we currently have.

As for CL, they are still among the favourites in the same level as Bayern, Chelsea, RM, and us. If they win against Madrid, the hype will resume once more.

khaled_a_d

It isn't just about having a good result against their rivals ,they won it and point difference with RM is 4 which makes them in title race ,lose it and Sevilla is possibly 2 points away for 3rd place which guarantee direct CL group stage

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Arbeloa has to be one of the worst RM defenders. Dude made some bone headed mistakes in the match against Sevilla, a match where RM was clearly dominating. I would love to see Arbeloa in a CB position.

Arbeloa is the best defender Tello has ever faced. :mou:

Morten

I never understand whats the deal Coentrao, i hear he is injuried very often, but when he has to step in he is seemingly always ready.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I think Coentrao is pretty good. A bit underrated because he is not as flashy as Marcelo while still being very solid going forward. Cannot stand him though.

Home of Barca Fans