Penal Madrid

hardyboy

What you actually need is to score when you inevitably have those spells of heavy pressure and lots of chances on Atletico. If once a gain you bottle it, and Atletico is allowed to settle down, you're in trouble.

Conceding early would be more of a problem if you were away. I think RM can overcome an early score IF they score when they put that heavy pressure on Atletico. Problems been actually scoring in those moments.

James and Isco need to step up the creating, because without Benzema, you've got very little creation from the forward line in Cristiano and Chicha.

Conceding early would definately be a problem for Real. Scoring 2 goals against Atleti when you are chasing the game is difficult whether you're playing at home or away. If Real concede early it would be over imo..

Morten

Conceding early would definately be a problem for Real. Scoring 2 goals against Atleti when you are chasing the game is difficult whether you're playing at home or away. If Real concede early it would be over imo..

If we concede at all its over, unless we are leading with 2 goals.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I don't think conceding early means it's over for RM. They're going to get spells of the game where they're going to put huge pressure on Atletico, just like they did in the first leg. This is pretty much a given. Whether they score in those instances or not is what will decide the game. Conceding early is secondary to this because if RM cannot take advantage of their pressure on Atletico, the more time passes the more likely Atletico is to settle down and grab a goal from some dead ball situation or random play.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Ramos is the first choice for DMF imo and you guys are saying something about Pepe in MF. I think Carlo would rather play Varane than Pepe in DMF.
So today we're looking something like this I guess:
[formation=white,6]
Casillas
Carvajal-0-Pepe-0-Varane-0-Coentrao
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Ramos-0-0-0
James-0-0-Kroos-0-0-Isco
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-Chica-0-Ronaldo-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]
I'm pretty pleased by this formation. Jese to add some spark to our game and Silva and Illara to bring in some creativity and to close the game.

Last edited:

Autumn

Whatever the result is, I think the reaction is going to be multiplied by his choice in starters today. One of those situations where you are either a tactical genius or a clueless fool.

Getting knocked out of CL quarterfinals by your biggest rival WHILE playing Ramos or Pepe in midfield is not something the fans will likely handle well.

Yet again a single game versus Atletico may decide the fate of Ancelotti.

Morten

Other than going through, the best thing about this match is that we dont have to face Patetico until next season.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
In the 7 ATM vs RM matches this season:
Bale-0 goals,1 assist
Benzema-0 goals, 2 assists
Ronaldo-2 goals, 0 assist If i got it right. We suck vs ATM even with our full lineup so oh well. I have a feeling that Chica is gonna score/assist tomorrow.

Prophet.

Home of Barca Fans