Penal Madrid

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Alonso is Spanish and really marketable. He's always in articles related to hottest/classiest footballers etc.
Not to mention he was a fan favorite when he was in Liverpool.... Not that Vidal is not one, it's just that English market is huge with all due respect to Juventus/Italy. There's a reason Real always look for players who ply their trade in England

El Gato

Villarato!
Depending on the type of game, yes. Isco doesn't fit the mould of every single game for instance, there are injuries and Vidal could really become an important piece. Adds a lot of character to the midfield, which wins many games, especially big games.

Why not marketable? He's stupendously big in Chile. Look no further than Beckham, Guti or even El Fenomeno for weird haircuts.

I'm sure it would be OK if it were to go down. Other problem being we actually own enough midfielders, maybe we'd use one for deep rotation, an older Odegaard of sorts or something. Otherwise we're fine.

JamDav1982

Not to mention he was a fan favorite when he was in Liverpool

Vidal is fan favourite in Italy.

I honestly cant see the signing of Xabi Alonso being a big boost to the marketing dept of Madrid. Were there fans or sponosors in Spain holding back as there were not enough Spanish players or the team was too ugly?

Think this whole idea of marketability of players is stretched when it comes to certain players.

JamDav1982

Not to mention he was a fan favorite when he was in Liverpool.... Not that Vidal is not one, it's just that English market is huge with all due respect to Juventus/Italy. There's a reason Real always look for players who ply their trade in England

Have they signed more of players from England than France, Portugal and Germany?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Vidal isn't marketable at all. Flo complained that Pogba doesn't have the right attitude/lives a not professional lifestyle or whatever just because of his hairstyles.
-28 years old
-Not marketable
-Weird haircuts
-Car accident with alcohol involved
Does that seem like the type of guy Uncle Flo would chase? Would you honestly bench any of the Modrić,Kroos,Isco or James for Vidal?

I'd play vidal in midfield next to another player, play james on the wing and drop bale to the bench.

Morten

We need backups in midfield, Vidal is not that, he too would be a first choice, along with Modric, Kroos and Isco in midfield. He would bring something different to the midfield, but i worry that he wont keep his temper in el classicos, Atletico and a few other games. He is to rash for my taste. We already have enough hotheads on the field.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I don't think Madrid needs a player who has to be a starter. What they need is a quality depth. And it is not all about marketability lol. Most probably rafa asked flo to sign him and he must have thought why not. Kroos Modric James Vidal. If there are no injuries where will isco play? Even with all the injuries last season isco was disappointed with James being ahead of him.

Icarium

Lifestealer
We need backups in midfield, Vidal is not that, he too would be a first choice, along with Modric, Kroos and Isco in midfield. He would bring something different to the midfield, but i worry that he wont keep his temper in el classicos, Atletico and a few other games. He is to rash for my taste. We already have enough hotheads on the field.

None of your midfield starters are "hotheads". After xabi left that is something your team lacks in midfield. You have more than enough of that in the defense though.

Morten

None of your midfield starters are "hotheads". After xabi left that is something your team lacks in midfield. You have more than enough of that in the defense though.

Not talking about midfield in particular, Ramos, Pepe, Arbeloa, Carvajal and sometimes Ronaldo is enough for me.

valk

Guti then? These dramas are fairly common anyway. So long as he plays well in big games it shouldn't be a problem. If not, there'll be takers from England or wherever. I'd take Vidal, why not, he could be a great addition, but if causes any problems they're nothing that can't be solved.

Guti was our hot head. The guy loved the club more than anybody else. He would have probably been an ultras if not a player. Besides that he had charisma. This guy is just a mercenary

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
yo Raed... think twice before you call Raki names! :angry:

looks like his goal hurt you bad.... real bad :p

I have nothing but love for Raki actually, but he is an asshole for scoring that header.

Which makes me think, does Seville sell duds? I think they are the most reliable team to buy from, other than Porto maybe.

F

Flavia

You won't be getting better hair than you would with Llorente, so any argument is quickly invalid. Unless you reverse age Forlan, then I will accept an alternative.

I don't care if Llorente is slow, I don't care if he hasn't started in so long, I don't care he doesn't play for the National team, Llorente is a G. Ronaldo is an incoming player, his headers are good if he is coming from a wide position, he can't stand in between 3 defenders and pin them down like Llorente does. I'll accept him for the bench but I want to see him play and bench Benzema every now and then. We have incredible ball crossers (including Ramos). With Llorente, Kroos is going to get 20 assists of the corner.

Next time that asshole Rakitic scores against us, we will show Barca which crazy haired blonde football player will prevail.

Rakitic didn't score vs rm, for Barça. Mathieu did.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Raed you have weird logic :lol:. Mathieu is an asshole for scoring a header for his team in a big game, yet Arbeloa is some great guy just because he is an asshole in every way possible and tried thug tactics against barca.

Home of Barca Fans