Penal Madrid

Andrew M

I think they are 60-40 favorites for La Liga since we are down on personnel in the first half of the season, while at the same time we play lots of tough away games in the same first half. This should provide Real Madrid with an edge over us.

The CL is of course the toughest one to win in all of football, but they are definitely up there as one of the Top 3 favorites. A lot depends on the draw, injuries, timing of form and pure luck in the CL. Definitely among the top favorites though.

Real are just obsessed with CL. They've won so few leagues in last few yrs

Beast

The Observer
Why i have this strong feeling that we fucked up De Gea transfer on purpose ?

We rarely screw up in doing the "Paper work " in fact when it comes to contracts we are supreme.. from conditions to clause whether we are selling or buying

somehow i feel that Flo didn't want to pay United all that money for a player free in 8 month.. especially that he is a Goalkeeper and faced with the 10 Million rumored penalty they just screwed it up on purpose to avoid it...

serghei

We rarely screw up in doing the "Paper work " in fact when it comes to contracts we are supreme.. from conditions to clause whether we are selling or buying

somehow i feel that Flo didn't want to pay United all that money for a player free in 8 month.. especially that he is a Goalkeeper and faced with the 10 Million rumored penalty they just screwed it up on purpose to avoid it...

I have the same feeling. And the fact that United is in a much worse position than Madrid after this failed transfer kind of supports such theory, that Madrid pulled the plug deliberately. Playing with De Gea and Navas in the process is morally abject though.

Anyway, Madrid realised the deal is too generous for United and stalled the paperwork as a last minute call to get out of a transfer that was in such an advanced phase. It sounds plausible enough to me.

Last edited:

Ocelot

Real avoided the 10 million clause for DDG?

Beast

The Observer
Yes because Real can claim it's a force major.. they did all the "legal moves " to acquire him
the amount rumored as a penalty and even if they paid that money is still much less than what we would have paid United and i'm sure Mendes will talk to DDG to let it go

take into consideration that we spent a lot and sold almost no one off value ..judging by the last couple of years we usually sell someone to balance the books

this year we just got Kova, Danilo along with Kiko & Vsaquez... that's the first time in years our balance in with a minus .. we only sold Illarra for 15 Mil plus incentive

according to my calculation our balance is almost 74 Million net spend (after deducting Illarra).. we usually spend in the range of 80 Net or less ... which means there was no way in hell we'd pay United an extra 20 or 30.. we don't have that cash at all ..

That's why i suspect we did it on purpose

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Well, now DDG is considering signing a one year extension so that he's able to play this season so if you did it on purpose, you messed up big time. Became the laughing stock of football yesterday

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Nah,not rly. De Gea could always sign a contract with a release clause that we ( RM) like. We could also play De Gea 10-20 M instead of giving United like 40-50 that they wanted.

El Gato

Villarato!
United are not in that bad a situation. They can blackmail De Gea into signing because he obviously wants to play in the Euro and the first comment after the saga came from Del Bosque saying "it would be difficult for De Gea to start at the Euro when he doesn't play for MU".

It's a very interesting dynamic now. Everything is in De Gea's hands. We shall see what matters to him more.

Also, I do think we screwed it up on purpose as COPE suggested. Keylor has managed to win fans over and it made no sense to pay extra to get De Gea right now. Overall a decent gamble. We'll see if it pays off. If it doesn't, well, we still have two good keepers in the team.

And I love how Mendes is totally on our side with this, haha. Must have been promised a big, fat bonus.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Nah,not rly. De Gea could always sign a contract with a release clause that we ( RM) like. We could also play De Gea 10-20 M instead of giving United like 40-50 that they wanted.

I thought English clubs don't really have release clauses?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
United are not in that bad a situation. They can blackmail De Gea into signing because he obviously wants to play in the Euro and the first comment after the saga came from Del Bosque saying "it would be difficult for De Gea to start at the Euro when he doesn't play for MU".

It's a very interesting dynamic now. Everything is in De Gea's hands. We shall see what matters to him more.

Also, I do think we screwed it up on purpose as COPE suggested. Keylor has managed to win fans over and it made no sense to pay extra to get De Gea right now. Overall a decent gamble. We'll see if it pays off. If it doesn't, well, we still have two good keepers in the team.

And I love how Mendes is totally on our side with this, haha. Must have been promised a big, fat bonus.

Exactly, for that reason alone I don't see Ronaldo leaving any time soon at all.

StarLord

That's what I think as well.

Why give United all that money, when you can get the player without paying a single euro after only one season?

That's what I would have done in their place.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah but De Gea can say that he'll only sign a new deal if it that deal will have a reasonable release clause.

I doubt it though, if such a thing is not customary...

By the way, not sure if this is credible, but

[tw]639064421768294401[/tw]

zanela

Well, now DDG is considering signing a one year extension so that he's able to play this season so if you did it on purpose, you messed up big time. Became the laughing stock of football yesterday

This does look deliberate on Flo's part. But, not only has the pre-meditated circus upset the madrid boy, but has also opened a window for their arch-rival to enter fray either in Jan/next summer, something that Perez has always so meticulously tried to avert in the past in regards his potential signings, which makes me think DDG was never a coveted name in the madrid capital, nor are they too worried about losing out on him, even if it's to their most fierce rival.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans