Penal Madrid

F

Flavia

SPORT speak to Jacinto Vicente, the man behind the complaint

Albert Masnou | 21.10.2015 | 23:32h.

Jacinto Vicente, the lawyer who has presented the case of pressure being put on officials for the Clasico, has explained in a phone call to sport what the process was of presenting the complaint to the public prosecutor's office regarding the threats to the game between FC Barcelona and Real Madrid.

"One person let me know about a referee that had a problem and wanted to talk with me. It's deducible that he is not from Barcelona (because if he was he would not have been chosen for the game). For a professional reason I had to go to Barcelona, where I met with him. He explained everything that had ocurred and wanted to go public with the pressure being put on him because it's the only way to clean up Spanish football and the only way to change a closed system," explained the lawyer.

The advice given by Jacinto Vicente was not what the official was expecting. "I advided him that it was not the best solution to publish it, but that the normal thing to do would be to report it to the police. It scared him because he didn't want his name to come out. If it does, he could have a serious professional problem."

Vicente continued: "I told him that he should speak with the police first and the prosecution. On October 19 I got in contact with the police and the Anti-Corruption Prosecutor began investigating the case."

[tw]656936047310450688[/tw]

[tw]656936788058120193[/tw]

[tw]656943466556096512[/tw]

[tw]656944033911152641[/tw]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If more former refs start coming out now with similar statements....

Then.... It's going to be very serious. Spanish Football's own Calciopoli...

khaled_a_d

He should...... But he probably won't

Catalan media will do the dirty job for him ,while he keep his smile and acting like a diplomate :lucho:
Won't be surprised that media in other countries like England would jump on this too ,a thing that hurt RM and Liga badly? too good for those to pass on it

Plot twist: The investigating officer, prosecutor, defence and judge will all be ex RM directors...

A month later the linesman will be banned from football for life for "tax fraud"

Sad that this could be the end result of it

Doesnt matter if its proven to be true or not, you can damage their rep greatly and with that indirectly influence refs to lead games normally, if they are forced into defence.
Look at Messi's tax case, even if proven innocent he will forever be seen as a taxcheat, even subconsciously.
If Real's reputation get tarnished to that level the rest of the world will finally see what we all know to be true. Thus making Barca's accomplishments last decade extremely impressive.

If its actually proven I hope they end up like Rangers.
If it is proven ,referee committee will be scapegoat and may be even some guys in Spanish federation .they will act like they have felt RM need to win for league to keep being competitive and RM has nothing to do with it

raskolnikov

Or they will drag Barca down with them, the old, they do it as well! not difficult to find a Madridista ref to take the blame.
Interesting how this cesspit wil unfold.

khaled_a_d

^^^^ Can't see that happening considering we are the most successful club in last decade in Europe not just Spain .we have no reason to do it .will be the wrong strategy from them IMHO .specially that this is referee committee not just a couple of referee bribe

silvia

the refree committee said, it has happened before many times, so he doesn't have to worry about influencing games.
That explains Penaldo Pichichi, ehh.

Alen

The thing is, with the way things have been going lately, I wouldn't be surprised if we're also involved in this. Imagine if Barcelona and RM each had their group of refs.
Honestly, I don't think we're above all that, morally speaking.

Cule4life

The Culest
The thing is, with the way things have been going lately, I wouldn't be surprised if we're also involved in this. Imagine if Barcelona and RM each had their group of refs.
Honestly, I don't think we're above all that, morally speaking.

I'm not gonna be defensive and claim that's blasphemy but I hope to good that ain't true.

Last edited:

Morten

If true, i hope Perez is involved and evidences being found against him. Would damage reputation of the club, but heck, getting rid of Perez in the process would be so worth it.

silvia

Me too man... Would be ugly asf

tbh, if that is true, catalunya wouldn't be pressured at first place, barca wouldn't be fined at copa del rey first place.
in my view, barca doesn't have that kind of power to pressure linesmans and main refferees and threaten them by refree commitees.
who can threaten them? only spanish government might be able to be involved.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I won't get concerned tbh ,that is a guy who is pressing charges against potential thing happening .no one will come and say he manipulated the games b4

EdmondDantes

Very brave of the linesman to report it and cut it out early. Enough of thuggery ruining football. I wonder if Perez had a part in this.

Home of Barca Fans