Penal Madrid

barcanuck

BBC is back!

Nah it's just 9 man Rayo LOLOL. Such disrespect and obvious stat padding. I don't mind if a team runs it up to 5-6 goals but when you hit 10! Cmon man!

kilian

They showed one more time what a bunch of pathetic cunts they really are. I mean, I understand that you want to score goals, after all it is the objective in football. But when your opponent gets 2 red cards, and one of them is a disgrace, you should show at least a little bit of respect. Germany played 11 vs 11 against Brazil in World Cup and they decided in the dressing room to not embarass them too much. That is sportmanship and respect towards your opponent. This vultures were scoring and hurrying up to get more goals like their lives depend on it. Extremely disgusting. I would be embarassed to support a team like that.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
The ironic thing is Rayo was actually winning this match at one point before the cards….. but no1 seems to remember that...

Morten

Y didnt rayo just get a few more guys sent off forefit the game and madrid would only have got a 3 0 win

Or much more reasonable, just forfeit? I believe a team can do that, right?
I mean, when the score is 5-2 and you have 9 players, why continue? Also there is less risk for more suspensions and injuries if you do that. The players also gets a bit more rest before the next match, a match which might actually matter. Screw pride and all that, sometimes logic is the way to go.

xavisionary

Barca fans help me. I recall a game where Barca scored 8 or so and a young player (Thiago or Bojan IIRC) celebrate emphatically when the 8th went in, only for Puyol to come over and give them a telling off for being disrespectful. Or have I made the whole thing up?

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Barca fans help me. I recall a game where Barca scored 8 or so and a young player (Thiago or Bojan IIRC) celebrate emphatically when the 8th went in, only for Puyol to come over and give them a telling off for being disrespectful. Or have I made the whole thing up?

[youtube]watch?v=rqRatWj1Yec[/youtube]

Against Rayo. But maybe it has happened with RM too, dunno.

iniesta_8

They showed one more time what a bunch of pathetic cunts they really are. I mean, I understand that you want to score goals, after all it is the objective in football. But when your opponent gets 2 red cards, and one of them is a disgrace, you should show at least a little bit of respect. Germany played 11 vs 11 against Brazil in World Cup and they decided in the dressing room to not embarass them too much. That is sportmanship and respect towards your opponent. This vultures were scoring and hurrying up to get more goals like their lives depend on it. Extremely disgusting. I would be embarassed to support a team like that.

Sorry to disagree.. there's nothing wrong with scoring as much goals as you can!

.. as long as you don't provocate the fans by "overcelebrating" the goals.

JamDav1982

Nothing wrong at all with trying to score as many goals as possible.

I am sure one of the Barca players came out recently and said thats what Guardiola always told them to do as that was respecting the opponent more than just feeling sorry for them and holding back.

Did the team in the Copa not feel disrespected when Barca held back and didnt make a sub and finished with ten men?

MaxY

Devil May Cry
I feel like we could have gone for more than 10. We could have easily kept Bale and Rodriguez in play and went for more aggressive subs like: Isco for Kroos,Kovacic for Modric and Vasquez for Marcelo(which was a sub in this match). Anyways what's the big deal ? Our players barely celebrated the goals ,it's better than passing the ball for 30 minutes. Not to mention that the shitty crowd at Bernabeu was booing the players and Benitez so the players probably felt like they need to score a lot to easen up the tensions a bit.

Horatio

You're welcome
I don't understand the argument that Real rallying up goals is a form of disrespect.
Isn't it more disrespectful to not play at your best because you are convinced the victory is in the bag?

I mean, if I was a Rayo player I wouldn't want my opponent to hold back. Just play like you normally play.
If you can score, score.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Not disrespectful in general to score many goals... But here it was a complete different scenario! The loser team were actually winning for a while, then a red card and then a dubious penalty against them and again a red card! Given the circumstances it was disrespectful

Home of Barca Fans