Penal Madrid

Stric

Not to sound like a douche, but our gap in La Liga, as deserved as it is and as happy as it makes us, is also somewhat misleading. We struggled in many games and depended on moments of brilliance from Adriano and Messi (for example) to win many of those. Especially against better teams. But also, and more importantly, we have Real Madrid to thank for their incredibly bad period in the first half of the season which widened the gap enormously. Had they been playing the way they are now since the beginning of the season, the gap would be much tighter. This is also evident in other competitions, where Madrid have been better or equally as good as we have.

Kerrybai

Some people are simply to pessimistic and they just can't trust their team.

I'll take that as the joke of the day.
For who believes rma are favorites against us, please stop kidding me :lol:.
Just because we lost in the Cacapa del Rey and had a bad game in La liga means NOTHING now. It was our worst period between Milan away and the 2nd leg. We have our weaknesses but FFS, we are better overall than mandril, we could've actually qualified for the final of the cup if they wouldn't have been so relaxed with those chances on Bernabeu, it was a temporary problem.
We have Messi, we have at least a decent defense ( not Adriano ) = we make dogshit out of rma anyday of the year ;).

Well let's examine the facts. Madrid came to the Camp Nou last year and beat us 2-1 to effectively win the league. They came to the Camp Nou this year and beat us 3-1 in the cup. They also beat us in their own backyard with what is essentially their B team.

Ronaldo is on fire against us, for a player who looked like an amateur in 2011 in the CL clashes he has gotten our number and is menace for our defence.

Up front they are much stronger than us. Yes we have Messi but outside of him we are rather weak. Villa is good but he doesn't have the pace of Benzema or Higuain. Pedro and Sanchez on current form would struggle to break into a 4-8th place side in any of the top 3 leagues. Finally our defence is a shambles compared with previous seasons.

Meeting RM in a final could be a nightmare for us but of course we will stand by the team and believe in them.

Garrus

Not to sound like a douche, but our gap in La Liga, as deserved as it is and as happy as it makes us, is also somewhat misleading. We struggled in many games and depended on moments of brilliance from Adriano and Messi (for example) to win many of those. Especially against better teams. But also, and more importantly, we have Real Madrid to thank for their incredibly bad period in the first half of the season which widened the gap enormously. Had they been playing the way they are now since the beginning of the season, the gap would be much tighter. This is also evident in other competitions, where Madrid have been better or equally as good as we have.
You could say the same thing about them last year, This year or any year, In fact you can say this about about any football team in any league in the world at any time, That's football, It only ends when the whistle blows.
It's always a glass half empty with cules, Many fans, Of RM for example, They hang on at any positive thing they come across to, Just to praise their team, Yet we find every possible way to undermine what our team does, It's always about the negative.
Reading these kind of posts is depressing, Specially when it's in a barca forum.

Stric

That's true, I'm aware of that. My point is that we can't keep using our lead in La Liga to justify saying that Barca is oh so good, because the fact of the matter is that, apart from a few good games here and there, we've been struggling for months.

Garrus

Struggling For months??, There were these 2 dreadful weeks were we reached our lowest form since pep came, But after thrashing milan it was obvious we bounced back, You can't create such a result with the same form of those 2 dark weeks, Ever since then we've been great, I still can't see where the 'struggling for months' is.

Last edited:

Galning

Our manager has been back for exactly 13 days. Chill out.
Please remind me how our form was from August to December. Exactly.

Our manager has been back for exactly 13 days. Chill out.
Please remind me how our form was from August to December. Exactly.

Not gonna help us right now in the CL. I'm still pretty optimistic about our chances of winning it though.

We've been doing fairly well since the Milan game IMO. In the 2 PSG games, Messi was out for most of the tie. Other than that, the only game we did badly in was the Celta game. Not sure why we did so badly in that though. Maybe it's because La Liga is basically done?

Anyways, I'm sure that with Messi playing we'll be a lot better against Bayern and in the final (if we make it) than we were against PSG.

Faceless

No more faces at night
522108_603579296348957_1689059230_n.jpg

Cule4life

The Culest
Anyone but Madrid (ABM)
Im happy that we didnt draw Madrid in semi's but losing to them in the final will be a nightmare. I'd rather we lose to Bayern now vs losing to Madrid in the final.
And yes on current form Madrid are better than us. they just have to punt the ball over our midfield and trust Pique to make a customary brain fart to give them a goal. We have little chance of beating them with this defence+ our attack isnt exactly setting the world alight with its potency/penetration

poldep

Atm I honestly think Madrid found a way to win against us. With this defence we can´t win against a strong counter attacking team. Imo the brilliance of Messi has totally overshadowed the shortcomings of this team.

poldep

Anyone but Madrid (ABM)
Im happy that we didnt draw Madrid in semi's but losing to them in the final will be a nightmare. I'd rather we lose to Bayern now vs losing to Madrid in the final.
And yes on current form Madrid are better than us. they just have to punt the ball over our midfield and trust Pique to make a customary brain fart to give them a goal. We have little chance of beating them with this defence+ our attack isnt exactly setting the world alight with its potency/penetration

Agreed, anyone but Madrid atm. But the horror if we meet them in the Final and lose. :smiley_scared: Hoping Dortmund will knock them out.

Home of Barca Fans