Penal Madrid

T

TS88

Well the ref had a bad game tbh , very inconsistent in his decision making.. And by the way, Bale should've been sent off before Roberto was..and that surely influenced how the game progressed as well then?

What about Alba slapping Modric? Don't you think that warrants a red card? He is lucky that Modric didn't go down. Messi could also have been sent off for trying to intentionally hurt another player.

El Gato

Villarato!
Also talking about Suarez' character is rich coming from Ramos and Marcelo given their history. Madridistas like to bury their heads in the sand and forget everything when it comes to their darlings.

At least most people here will recognize Suarez' past history and him exaggerating like an idiot most of the time.

Be direct dude.

Ramos and Marcelo aren't darlings, absolutely. You don't see Suarez and Alba speaking to the media though, right? There's some degree of responsibility for their own actions that the other two do not care to show.

Stoichkov1

Winning TWO CL's in a row isn't luck. If they win three in a row then they are the greatest club side that has played in the last 40 years. They would overtake Peps Barca, if they haven't already.

I expect the greatest club side that has played in the last 40 years to win more than 1 league title in 5 years.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Be direct dude.

Ramos and Marcelo aren't darlings, absolutely. You don't see Suarez and Alba speaking to the media though, right? There's some degree of responsibility for their own actions that the other two do not care to show.

I'd say it's quite similar to Ramos and Marcelo in most cases.

shadows

What about Alba slapping Modric? Don't you think that warrants a red card? He is lucky that Modric didn't go down. Messi could also have been sent off for trying to intentionally hurt another player.

Messi's was a clear yellow and he got one for it. No way was it red... The Alba incident was a yellow which didn't get called, sure, Red i dont think so....But then Ramos could've had a second yellow as well considering he was also rash during the 5 minutes of the game when everything got nasty all of a sudden..Plus Bale was real lucky to still be on the pitch and score and this preceded all of this??

Plus whatever you're saying again makes my point about inconsistent refreeing rather than ref favouring Barca...so not sure what you're trying to get at..

El Gato

Villarato!
Messi's was a clear yellow and he got one for it. No way was it red...

Absolutely was and would have been given with a different ref. Was going in recklessly only with intent to get back at Ramos. Shame people paint the guy white at every opportunity.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Absolutely was and would have been given with a different ref. Was going in recklessly only with intent to get back at Ramos. Shame people paint the guy white at every opportunity.

Bale had two challenges that were worse. Messi came in with a lot of speed but he only caught him with his trailing foot.

serghei

Messi's is clear yellow. Goes hard but after the ball. After he misses it he hits Ramos with the other leg. That's not a red :lol:.

El Gato

Villarato!
Bale had two challenges that were worse. Messi came in with a lot of speed but he only caught him with his trailing foot.

Intent and recklessness takes precedence. If not, Pepe doesn't get sent off for the Alves tackle. Goes hard but after the ball.

serghei

Straight reds were Bale and Roberto. 2 yellows for Ramos. Foul on Varane before the goal. No offside for Ronaldo and Rakitic. Penalty for Marcelo.

serghei

Intent and recklessness takes precedence. If not, Pepe doesn't get sent off for the Alves tackle. Goes hard but after the ball.

Not even close to being the same. Pepe's a leg breaking challenge if he catches Alves full on. Messi goes hard but that's about it. He doesn't try to hit Ramos high.

El Gato

Villarato!
Not even close to being the same. Pepe's a leg breaking challenge if he catches Alves full on. Messi goes hard but that's about it. He doesn't try to hit Ramos high.

Not sure when retaliatory, reckless challenges were ever interpreted as not being reds. Messi is going in with full intent of fouling Ramos along the way to getting the ball. Gets absolutely nowhere near it, because Ramos tucks it back and trips him with both legs. I suppose we let it slide only in special cases of certain people on the receiving end who have a reputation of being a professional ass :lol:

But again, who cares. It's just a bit of an anecdote.

serghei

Not sure when retaliatory, reckless challenges were ever interpreted as not being reds. Messi is going in with full intent of fouling Ramos along the way to getting the ball. Gets absolutely nowhere near it, because Ramos tucks it back and trips him with both legs. I suppose we let it slide only in special cases of certain people on the receiving end who have a reputation of being a professional ass :lol:

But again, who cares. It's just a bit of an anecdote.

He didn't went there to hit Ramos badly. He goes for the ball and knows there is a big risk he'll hit Ramos. That's different. He hits Ramos with the 2nd leg after he misses the ball with the first leg. The first leg doesn't even land on Ramos' leg. It lands where the ball was like a fraction of a second earlier. He puts the leg next to Ramos and he slides a bit, and then hits Ramos with the 2nd leg, hence the yellow.

Sure, it's reckless challenge. Not every reckless challenge is a red card. Bale had like 2 fouls like this one. One on Semedo and one on Iniesta.

It's very similar to Bale's yellow card foul in the 2nd half actually.

And this is Ramos vs Suarez in the Bernabeu game. Roberto's a red, but this is a yellow. Right...

Speaking about Madrid players being fair play :rofl1:

tenor.gif

I have some on Marcelo too. Filled Messi with blood in the 3-2 game. After an elbow to the face. Stomped on Pedro's leg in the CL clasico. Kicked Messi in the Supercup game, then scissor kicked Fabregas too.

Madrid players are the last players in the world who should be seen as being fair play.

Last edited:

dostoevskij

Jesus, this is not an anecdote, this is hypocrisy at its best my friend!
in the first i also thought: " wow that was un-messi like, goes mad at ramos! But then i watched it over again for a few times and i saw what it really was ( to me) messi goes in very fast on ramos, misses the ball and makes contact with on foot of ramos. its not even a real tackle tbh. if you look at the reaction of ramos and messi, also from side cameras, you see messi angry for ramos milking it and ramos acting very calmly as if he know what just happened! so was it a foul? yes, yellow? maybe! red? never ever! compare it to pepes Foul? wow,:banghead:

Home of Barca Fans