Penal Madrid

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It's Madrid's elections this summer, I'd be curious what Perez is gonna pull out of the hat this time, a new manager and another spending spree? :lol:

If we're extremely lucky, perhaps a surprising last minute steal for Neymar :lol:

But in reality I'm guessing it'll be Bale+ a new manager. If Bale comes, Jese is definitely going to leave. There is no way he'd get the chance to break into the Real Madrid team with Cristiano and Bale dominating the flanks. Hope he makes a good choice for a career move because he could be an important player for Spain in the future.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Real Madrid don't really have a style/identity despite there big names I don't think they are a particularly great team at all.

Birdy

They are not a great teams, bcz great teams impose a style, leave their mark in the history of the sports. Mourinho's real 2010-13 is nothing to remember. Didnt leave anything.
-Yes, he won 1(maybe two) copas and one LaLiga. So what? We are talking about a huge club.
-He managed to de-throne Barcelona. Yes, due to barcelona's decline mainly, and not Jose's magic formulas
-He made a record of 100 points. Yes, but again this was also mostly due to the continuous polarization of the recent years and the detachment of the 2 teams from the whole corpus of the rest. It is happening every year. Barca hit 99 in 2010. In 2011, we would have more than 100 had it not been mathematically over very early. This season the same, we can still finish with 100. Next season it could also happen by barca or real again.

Oh, yes. He did leave something to remember. Bitter memories of turning the clasicos into disgraces of football in (kicking and playing dirty) and out (all the show and the provoking) of the field..

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I don't believe Mou's Madrid ever played to their full potential, as a Barca fan I believe they could have been very scary and indeed were for a time, but were just unfortunate to play in the same time as other, better teams.

Richard.H

I can't believe RM fans stuck up for Mou this whole time. For a team as prestigious as RM you would expect the fans to be more demanding. They are objectively speaking, the most prestigious club in Europe with the amount of trophies they have. I can't believe Mou managed to brainwash RM too. He didn't even solve the "Barcelona Problem". Our team just declined while they continued to cater their playing style to solely beat Barcelona.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I can't believe RM fans stuck up for Mou this whole time. For a team as prestigious as RM you would expect the fans to be more demanding. They are objectively speaking, the most prestigious club in Europe with the amount of trophies they have. I can't believe Mou managed to brainwash RM too. He didn't even solve the "Barcelona Problem". Our team just declined while they continued to cater their playing style to solely beat Barcelona.

+1 to everything said. Before, Madrid envisioned (in my eyes at least) class and wealth, now it's all about thuggery and diving. Hope after Mou leaves this is cut.

El Gato

Villarato!
Where exactly people get the idea that Mou came with the sole purpose of getting the Decima? The primary purpose was to dismantle Barca and break through 1/8s. The Decima was a dream far away, only dreamers expected it from Mou. It only became a realistic goal in the second season but the team wasn't built for it and failed to achieve. He wasn't brought in to win it. He was brought in with the hope that he might in time build a team capable of doing so. Not winning it given the possibilities after second season is a failure, but not the whole tenure and achievements that came along on the way.

BarcaOG

Banned
that's absurd, Wolfe. Mourinho came to Real right after winning the CL with Inter. At the time, they called it a managerial 'galactico' signing. Mourinho had both beaten Barcelona and won the CL with Inter. Real Madrid would never have been content with just making it past the quarter finals. This is Real Madrid we're talking about. Mourinho was supposed to do in Real what he had done at Inter and previously at Porto.

F

Flavia

Where exactly people get the idea that Mou came with the sole purpose of getting the Decima? The primary purpose was to dismantle Barca and break through 1/8s. The Decima was a dream far away, only dreamers expected it from Mou. It only became a realistic goal in the second season but the team wasn't built for it and failed to achieve. He wasn't brought in to win it. He was brought in with the hope that he might in time build a team capable of doing so. Not winning it given the possibilities after second season is a failure, but not the whole tenure and achievements that came along on the way.

C'mon, Wolfe. You're saying mourinho and cr7 weren't brought with la decima in mind? That's rm obssesion for the past 11 years. It's delusional to claim all the money spent was just for la liga and cdrs, or to "dismantle" Barça. He is the self proclaimed best manager ever, that would built a team to achieve la decima and even more. rm is not a small club having hopes to get past 1/8s.

that's absurd, Wolfe. Mourinho came to Real right after winning the CL with Inter. At the time, they called it a managerial 'galactico' signing. Mourinho had both beaten Barcelona and won the CL with Inter. Real Madrid would never have been content with just making it past the quarter finals. This is Real Madrid we're talking about. Mourinho was supposed to do in Real what he had done at Inter and previously at Porto.
Precisely.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
They are not a great teams, bcz great teams impose a style, leave their mark in the history of the sports. Mourinho's real 2010-13 is nothing to remember. Didnt leave anything.
-Yes, he won 1(maybe two) copas and one LaLiga. So what? We are talking about a huge club.
-He managed to de-throne Barcelona. Yes, due to barcelona's decline mainly, and not Jose's magic formulas
-He made a record of 100 points. Yes, but again this was also mostly due to the continuous polarization of the recent years and the detachment of the 2 teams from the whole corpus of the rest. It is happening every year. Barca hit 99 in 2010. In 2011, we would have more than 100 had it not been mathematically over very early. This season the same, we can still finish with 100. Next season it could also happen by barca or real again.

Oh, yes. He did leave something to remember. Bitter memories of turning the clasicos into disgraces of football in (kicking and playing dirty) and out (all the show and the provoking) of the field..

And throw in all the so called fans who got behind him as he sullied the reputation of the club over & over again...No honor and so he can scoot off with his tail between his legs to the next sugar daddy of an owner to give him a massive squad and total control to redo his sideshow

ricknattery

You are lying to youserlf Wolfe. You and every Madrid fan know Mou was brought to bring "La decima". Break through 1/8s? that surely is a joke, right?

Doobs

The Messiah
And throw in all the so called fans who got behind him as he sullied the reputation of the club over & over again...No honor and so he can scoot off with his tail between his legs to the next sugar daddy of an owner to give him a massive squad and total control to redo his sideshow

On top of that he claims he wasn't loved, spitting in the faces of the people that did back him.

Doobs

The Messiah
Good riddance for us and Madrid i'd say. Clearly the cream in Spain is not a place where he belongs. Too big for him and his petty bull crap.

Home of Barca Fans