Penal Madrid

loozy

Add to that the loss of Masche and the whole drama with those owners whose names I shall not name... But yeah, the hole he left is still pretty big :( Shows what a quality player he is... :worthy:

Birdy

A lot of people here will be disillusioned when they see what Pellegrini can do in a top side when he is granted time and confidence.
I mean City here, where he will be obviously heading towards next season. The Arabs have shown patience with managers. They gave 3,5 years to Mancini to showcase his work. I assume they will give pretty much the same to Pellegrini.

And it is certain that he would have done the same or better compared to Mourinho. The season is not over yet, but lets say that Madrid wins Copa, and gets eliminated to Dortmund in the CL, which is most probable scenario. Mourinho delivered two cups and one LaLiga. Beside these, he left nothing to the team. Not a particular style, beside the quick counterattacking -which is not a style anyway and doesnot suit real-. Made a mess in the team, wanted himself bigger than the club and its history, was disrespectful towards club totems like Casillas, to the fans also..
His overall contribution was not so positive i reckon. His biggest achievement maybe is that he managed to de-throne Barcelona for a season and to win Barcelona 3 times in less than a year. But both of these were a lot more due to Barca's inner decline and fading, than any Real's magnificence.

Who would doubt that Pelegrini wouldn't be able to win LaLiga and 2 cups, if he had stayed in 2010 for 3 more seasons? Besides, he got so close in 09/10 with a team enjoying football, not ready for CL yet, but on the building.

AS for the rest, Heynkes would be an interesting choice. He is so good in bringing balance to a team, but i doubt if he would be able to re-build out of the ruins and the mess Jose will leave. He is best in taking a proto-design worked by someone else before (like Van Haal in Bayern) and perfecting it. But as i said before, Jose is not leaving any footall legacy behind.
Ancelotti is at its best when bringing the best out of star players (see both Milan and Chelsea). But his obsession with playing from the center and not the flanks is becoming hazardous as football has evolved a lot since 2003-2007 period..
Well, everyone taking Real job after Mourinho will have a very tough time with no titles for the first 1-2 seasons and a lot of complaint. Most know that... We'll see what happens. This summer there will be a lot of reshuffling around

Beast

The Observer
A lot of people here will be disillusioned when they see what Pellegrini can do in a top side when he is granted time and confidence.
I mean City here, where he will be obviously heading towards next season. The Arabs have shown patience with managers. They gave 3,5 years to Mancini to showcase his work. I assume they will give pretty much the same to Pellegrini.

And it is certain that he would have done the same or better compared to Mourinho. The season is not over yet, but lets say that Madrid wins Copa, and gets eliminated to Dortmund in the CL, which is most probable scenario. Mourinho delivered two cups and one LaLiga. Beside these, he left nothing to the team. Not a particular style, beside the quick counterattacking -which is not a style anyway and doesnot suit real-. Made a mess in the team, wanted himself bigger than the club and its history, was disrespectful towards club totems like Casillas, to the fans also..
His overall contribution was not so positive i reckon. His biggest achievement maybe is that he managed to de-throne Barcelona for a season and to win Barcelona 3 times in less than a year. But both of these were a lot more due to Barca's inner decline and fading, than any Real's magnificence.

Who would doubt that Pelegrini wouldn't be able to win LaLiga and 2 cups, if he had stayed in 2010 for 3 more seasons? Besides, he got so close in 09/10 with a team enjoying football, not ready for CL yet, but on the building.

AS for the rest, Heynkes would be an interesting choice. He is so good in bringing balance to a team, but i doubt if he would be able to re-build out of the ruins and the mess Jose will leave. He is best in taking a proto-design worked by someone else before (like Van Haal in Bayern) and perfecting it. But as i said before, Jose is not leaving any footall legacy behind.
Ancelotti is at its best when bringing the best out of star players (see both Milan and Chelsea). But his obsession with playing from the center and not the flanks is becoming hazardous as football has evolved a lot since 2003-2007 period..
Well, everyone taking Real job after Mourinho will have a very tough time with no titles for the first 1-2 seasons and a lot of complaint. Most know that... We'll see what happens. This summer there will be a lot of reshuffling around

With all respect but Pellegrini won nothing all this time in the liga and he had great/good squads with Villarreal - Real & Malaga...not even a cup or a super cup .. .even Quique Flores won more than Pellegrini

I hope one day he manage Barca so you can see how incompetent he is.. watching him as clueless as a 3 year old vs Lyon was enough to ask for his head
It's not the small games that define a great manager but the tough games and making a progress and he didn't make a progress or leave a tactical mark

As for Jose .. making it hard for anyone well i beg to differ as unlike Inter & Chelsea he had no one worshiping him like Terry , Drogba etc in Real so there will no side effects

Birdy

He made those squads great.. And with Real, he had to compete to one of the best teams in history of football. Not an easy thing to do & however he managed to chase untill the final matchday and made 96 points. Sorry, but this is not a bad result, especially considering it was his first year and had to handle all the load and the expectations with the Kakas, Ronaldos, Benzemas, e.t.c. just arrived.. He failed early in Copa del Rey and Cl, but i doubt this would have happened again next year, had he stayed.

Beast

The Observer
Yes he made them great as in nice to watch , everyone & their uncle favorite second team... but has he made them competitive ? the answer is no

He is a nice guy but not for a big team , he is where his managerial level allow him to be

As i said & you mentioned he failed early to secure anything worthy ... Jose didn't have a rosy start and ended up with the 5-0 clasico beating but he ended up with a semi-final CL & Copa Del Rey ...
10 years in the liga and no a final in anything ... given i love his achievement of taking Villarreal to the semi-final that year and Malaga to the final 8 (Given he has much more money in comparison ) however for a top club he comes short... you want him in Barca with pleasure but if that happen i will remind you when he is sacked a year later for lack of trophies..

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I am not one to hate other clubs and Id rather talk about my own club. But damn, I am happy Real Madrid did not make the final. They practically only played better over 180 minutes for 20 minutes in total...

Ocurrente

BJILkOHCUAEPJkl.jpg

D

Don_Andrés

It's Madrid's elections this summer, I'd be curious what Perez is gonna pull out of the hat this time, a new manager and another spending spree? :lol:

Home of Barca Fans