Pep Guardiola

DucdeOrléans

There are a few of issues where Pep was at fault this season but today was not one of them IMO.

Some players should have stepped their game up, ie Pedro, Pique...

I agree that I and others are deliberately exaggerating but I can't see why Pep is not partially to blame for the result by playing with such a unusual midfield at Reyno de Navarra at such a crucial time in the league race. It makes no sense at all since both Xavi, Iniesta and Césc were matchfit.

This defeat could be avoided with a stronger lineup.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Pep's unbelievable obsession with changing formations and rotations is one of the biggest reasons behind dropping so many points this season. Much more than the refrees, injuries and poor form of the players.

And strange this rotation thing goes to everybody in the squad except the best player in the team Lionel Messi!

E

estranged

There are a few of issues where Pep was at fault this season but today was not one of them IMO.

Some players should have stepped their game up, ie Pedro, Pique...

I would liek to agree with this but I don't know what Pep was trying to do today? If he already thought the league is finished (which IMO he did before the game) then it's ok, but he fielded a midfield of thiago-masch-roberto away at a tough ground. but what really puzzled me was what he was doing with masch in the first half, i'd rather just bench one of puyol/pique and let masch play where's he's best at, which is not really anywhere other than CB for us. anyways, lets just swallow this bitter pill and most importantly gain some experience from this.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
While Pedro and Piqué should have done better, they shouldn't have started in the first place, as their form is awful and Pedro just came back from injury... Besides our midfield is king and without it we are below expectations... Tonight's lineup screamed "we don't care about the league" if you ask me, because if we have no error margin and we have to win every match to catch up with Madrid, what's the point of doing experiments? We need the points! In my opinion Pep greatly underrated Osasuna, thinking that an unproven midfield would do the job, especially with Roberto who is inexperienced... I mean, what's the point of resting all of the best midfielders available when you clearly need a win?

psychotsek

Pep's unbelievable obsession with changing formations and rotations is one of the biggest reasons behind dropping so many points this season. Much more than the refrees, injuries and poor form of the players.

And strange this rotation thing goes to everybody in the squad except the best player in the team Lionel Messi!

This +1,000,000 in addition to his poor tranfer decisions.

ammarfcb

ze special one
tumblr_lzaebv6A741r0wtxyo1_500.jpg

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
While Pedro and Piqué should have done better, they shouldn't have started in the first place, as their form is awful and Pedro just came back from injury... Besides our midfield is king and without it we are below expectations... Tonight's lineup screamed "we don't care about the league" if you ask me, because if we have no error margin and we have to win every match to catch up with Madrid, what's the point of doing experiments? We need the points! In my opinion Pep greatly underrated Osasuna, thinking that an unproven midfield would do the job, especially with Roberto who is inexperienced... I mean, what's the point of resting all of the best midfielders available when you clearly need a win?
that's the same line up that dominated the shit of Osasuna in cup game. just sayin'

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
that's the same line up that dominated the shit of Osasuna in cup game. just sayin'

But there were two completely different instances, we can't afford dropping points in the league while a 3 - 2 result in Copa wouldn't be so bad, especially with the return leg at home...

Birdy

No Ryan_Cule!
He needs to stay at the bench some times..
He was poor versus Osasuna.. We all admire Messi, but you can see that playing each and every shitty game has a bad impact on him, because he is 'absent' in some games..
We can afford so..
alexis plays better centrally, and we have pedro, cuenca, tello to dominate the flank..

The problem is not the rotation, cauz Pep does not rotate enough, untill yesterday, when he did rotate, but by making weird things..
Nor the formation change in 3-4-3, cazu there are games it had worked splendid, and in those it didnot he reverted to 4-3-3..
The problem is a clear luck of concentration and motivation..

Home of Barca Fans