Pep Guardiola

Tazim

He signed a new one year contact extension :) yey:)

5a446.gif

Z

ZiZu

It's all over Twitter .

Guardiola has informed some players he will continue another season. It could be his last. Official announcement expected next week. [sport]”

Fourteen

Monster Masch
if that is true, then this is bittersweet news.
Reclaiming La Liga and hopefully winning another Champions League will be a great moment to leave in all honesty. Not that I or we want it to happen, but we have all come to understand that Pep isn't like an Alex Ferguson for us, I think he realises that that's impossible for him and he'll want to try something new, something challenging and not risk ever becoming stale and disrupting the club he loves. Like people have said before, let's embrace the time we have left.

Last edited:

gingerless

well that's pretty sad news overall for me. how about this, pep stays another year then after that tito as coach and pep as assistant manager can you dig it?

Clockwise

Buccaneer
It's all over Twitter .

Guardiola has informed some players he will continue another season. It could be his last. Official announcement expected next week. [sport]”

It's not a sad news really. It say it could be his last. It is not a definite future. it is a possibility. And Since Pep has become our coach every season could be his last. we never know about his future plans. he doesn't want to make any promises. it's his style and it has worked great until now. Let's just enjoy the ride as Pep says, because it's gonna last for another year. next year we'll see if it's his last or not. :)

well that's pretty sad news overall for me. how about this, pep stays another year then after that tito as coach and pep as assistant manager can you dig it?

me digs

dalitis8

Banned
that's it Pep, keep 'em on their toes.

fucking hero.

Do you think that's what it is? If this is his intention with these one year-deals (which is quite quite possible in my mind as well) then he could have waited for a bit longer to announce that he is staying for one more season.

And then troll his players all over again :D

goope

this

Edit: I think it's good that he says he'll leave next season. Certainity. We all new he'd go. We knew it. He said it from the beginning. Now we have certainity.
It will motivate the players. The last achievement they haven't reached yet - being the first team ever to defend the Champions League title - will be this year or never.

Last edited:

Maria

It's all over Twitter .

Sport and MD have been saying this for about 2 months..I doubt Pep would say something to anyone(apart from his wife maybe) without informing the club first. I don't think that even he knows what he will do at this point..he probably expects something from the players or Rosell before making an announcement.

goope

I doubt Pep would say something to anyone(apart from his wife maybe) without informing the club first.
Why not? The performance in the Champions League game might have been the last kick he needed to make up his mind and since it was the players who gave him this kick he told them in the next training session. Didn't you see that they were extra happy in the training session? It was more than just the happiness about the game. Guardiola will tell the club his decision. The players are part of the club, the president is part of the club. Guardiola always puts football (players) over political (president) things. Why shouldn't he tell them and walk right afterwards to Rosell to tell him too. The president might already know but not told anything yet because he wants to give Guardiola the chance to publish it himself.

goope

I just realized the news were brought in Friday's evening hours. What if a Sport journalist got Xavi drunk to ask him about the renewal :D
It would not be the first time that a statement Xavi made in private got published.

Home of Barca Fans