Pep Guardiola

messi1987

Guardiola was filmed applauding the crowd, and waving.
The mosaic will probably be there, on his last game.

Yes I have seen his aplaudings, but I think after the ref ended the game, Guardiola walked right into the cabine! I expected he would go on the pitch or to the curve where Barca "Ultras" are sitting!

F

Flavia

Yes I have seen his aplaudings, but I think after the ref ended the game, Guardiola walked right into the cabine! I expected he would go on the pitch or to the curve where Barca "Ultras" are sitting!
That's not Pep at all.

Barcastuff
Guardiola: "I'm very grateful for the attitude of the fans. I've enjoyed it, I thank them from the bottom of my heart."

barcafc

Peps reaction for the Ovation, from Barcastuff

tumblr_m3eugnYRou1qdzgyco2_250.gif

tumblr_m3eugnYRou1qdzgyco1_250.gif

Maria

Pep was strange during the game..he seemed like he was going through many different emotions at the same time.

I expect saturday's game to be very emotional for the cules. I hope the Camp Nou is preparing something special for someone who represents us like no other.

F

Flavia

Guardiola: "We’ve been very consistent for a long time, this is our greatest achievement"

VANESSA FORNS

05/02/2012 23:46

The Barça manager said that he’s proud of the way his team have maintained match-tension game after game even after “the Liga has been lost.”

Guardiola thanked the Barça fans, who gave the manager a standing ovation this Wednesday, for the support they have given him over the years

Josep Guardiola said that FC Barcelona’s biggest accomplishment over the past four years is that very little blame can be laid on the team: “people aren’t dumb. They can’t blame the team if they see that the team works hard. Our biggest accomplishment over the years is that very little can be blamed on the team. Barça have always tried [to win].” The Barça manager extended his argument to the records his team have broken: “we’ve been very consistent for a long time ... this is the greatest goal we’ve achieved.”

Objective: King’s Cup

Guardiola said that he’s proud of the way his players played against Málaga this evening at the Camp Nou: “it’s never easy to maintain the tension when the Liga is lost. We played a good game once agian, the supporters enjoyed it. Now we have to play the last two remaining games, and then we have the big objective of winning the King’s Cup.”

This Wednesday was Guardiola’s second to last match at the Camp Nou as FC Barcelona’s manager. That’s why, multiple times during the match, the public dedicated standing ovations to the manager as recognition of his work on the bench. Guardiola thanked the Barça supporters for their gesture “from the bottom of my heart.” He added: “I’ve enjoyed my life during the years here, they [the supporters] have always treated me very well.”

Praise for Tito Vilanova

Guardiola praised the team’s future manager, Tito Vilanova: “he’s a fantastic person and he has every capacity [to do a good job]. He’s intuitive, he knows the Club since he was a child, and he’s been here for years. With the Club and team’s help, I’m sure that he’ll succeed. He’ll prove that he’s a good manager.”

After congratulating Real Madrid for their run in La Liga and stating that Los Blancos are “just champions,” the Barça manager said that “a lot of things happened this year that have been hidden because of our silence, but they happened nonetheless.

“We were at a 13-point disadvantage at one point and there’s not that big a difference between the two teams,” he said. He added, “the league is a very long competition, the team that wins deserves it.” On the penalties that were called for Barça this Wednesday, Guardiola said: “they called two penalties for us, we don’t need them now, it’s a bit late. When we had to get the job done, we went 10 points behind.”

------------------------------

I hope those things Pep mentioned don't happen next season, but I won't hold my breath. The refs won't be good overnight, but it'd be good if next seson rosell isn't as quiet as he was this one.

JonM

I would have prefered if Pep had not said that. Either spill the beans or don't say anything.

Now let's hope he uses his sabbatical to write a tell-all book about all the disgusting shit going on in La Liga.

ricknattery

I would have prefered if Pep had not said that. Either spill the beans or don't say anything.

Now let's hope he uses his sabbatical to write a tell-all book about all the disgusting shit going on in La Liga.

Guardiola knows he cannot be too vocal about it. There is a reason to why he is the most red-carded barcelona player, he wasn't dirty but he complained a lot to the refs and knows is useless. He is all about justice, the way he has controled himself during these 4 years(especially this last one) is admirable. Hope he does something like you are suggesting, perhaps a book which shows what happened this year in specific, but in La Liga in general as well. Calciopoli would be something small compared to that

Fourteen

Monster Masch
No, I think he's a Real Madrid fan. His articles come across as very unbiased though - A football fan first and foremost.

Home of Barca Fans