Pep Guardiola

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
i fail to see how it is not, judging by the recent performances

and this is why you, and everyone else for that matter who is criticizing Pep's tactical change, are missing the point. Take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Footballing 101: do not switch both CBs in one game, especially when you are winning.

Seriously, for a coach to have done one of the most impressive feats in the history of the sport, that was a ridiculous move.

beef-supreme

I have to forgive Pep because I didn't know that the reason he withdrew both Pique and Gabi is because they were injured. They were subs of necessity rather than tactical mishap and so he's not the one to blame. it was just unfortunate.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
In the midst of comparisons with Maradona, Pep went public and said Maradona was still better. Could be to keep Leo's feet on the ground but then Leo is not the kind of guy to let those comparisons get to him as he stated himself that Maradona is the greatest.
So can't tell what prompted Pep to get involved in those Maradona-Messi talk.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I would imagine someone asked him the question and it really doesn't surprise me that that was Pep's response...Humility, I am sure he wants to keep the kids feet on the ground...Smart move, IMHO

Aasim

Bumbleman
I don't know whether this has been discussed before but im gonna talk about it anyway.

In every game that matters and has a huge importance, we have gotten the results we needed and played our best in those games.

Drawing in San Mames and in Kazan put us under pressure to win El Clasico and beat Inter in the space of a few days. That's not an easy but we got the win in both games and played well. I think the Inter match was the best we played so far this season. (maybe excluding Zaragoza).

Few months later we lost to Sevilla at home but played amazingly well and if it wasn't for Super Palop we would have won that 2nd leg but thankfully it was only copa, but the performance improved when it mattered.

Against Stuttgart, 1st leg we were lucky to come away with the 1-1 draw. People criticizing our team saying we are not the team we were last season... 2nd leg finishes 4-0. Our performance just shot up by 10 levels. I know we beat Valencia 3-0 but we could have been 2-0 down at half time in that game.

Just like last night, against Arsenal we played with ruthlessness which i've never seen beofre. Based on performance, I think that first half was better than anything in the Guardiola era. Even 2-6.

And IMO it's mostly down to Pep and the way he prepares the team. His extraordinary skills to bring out the best in players when we are on the ropes is amazing. Ok, his in game tactics werent great, but i think he'll learn from that and become a better manager. You learn more from mistakes than you do from winning all the time.

Gracias Pep!

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Imo he is the best at keeping the players grounded and showing respect to every oponent. After the Arsenal match he already had said the 2nd leg is going to be very tough but now its time to focus on saturday. He is the master of humility and taking it a match at a time.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
God, i love this man. I was re-watching old Barca vids and i realized that for the longest time he had actually been my favourite player at heart even though i always went crazy over the Brasilian legends, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Romario....
Great couple of vids of his play here, if you ignore the stupid effects and the ball-curdlingy bad tunes
[YOUTUBE]ufD2FmJi-aA&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]--6QeUB3ytw&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Home of Barca Fans