Pep Guardiola

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know whether this has been discussed before but im gonna talk about it anyway.

In every game that matters and has a huge importance, we have gotten the results we needed and played our best in those games.

Drawing in San Mames and in Kazan put us under pressure to win El Clasico and beat Inter in the space of a few days. That's not an easy but we got the win in both games and played well. I think the Inter match was the best we played so far this season. (maybe excluding Zaragoza).

Few months later we lost to Sevilla at home but played amazingly well and if it wasn't for Super Palop we would have won that 2nd leg but thankfully it was only copa, but the performance improved when it mattered.

Against Stuttgart, 1st leg we were lucky to come away with the 1-1 draw. People criticizing our team saying we are not the team we were last season... 2nd leg finishes 4-0. Our performance just shot up by 10 levels. I know we beat Valencia 3-0 but we could have been 2-0 down at half time in that game.

Just like last night, against Arsenal we played with ruthlessness which i've never seen beofre. Based on performance, I think that first half was better than anything in the Guardiola era. Even 2-6.

And IMO it's mostly down to Pep and the way he prepares the team. His extraordinary skills to bring out the best in players when we are on the ropes is amazing. Ok, his in game tactics werent great, but i think he'll learn from that and become a better manager. You learn more from mistakes than you do from winning all the time.

Gracias Pep!

Well spotted Aasim. Encouraging for the remainder of the season.

Pepe Silvia

Imo he is the best at keeping the players grounded and showing respect to every oponent. After the Arsenal match he already had said the 2nd leg is going to be very tough but now its time to focus on saturday. He is the master of humility and taking it a match at a time.
Never is there a shortage of humility. It's constantly being ingrained into the players you can tell. Each game is a new point of reference for the team and carries a new significance to stay grounded as you said. That's why he has unconditional support from the players and fans.

:flagvl8:

Last edited:

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Very good post Aasim.

I don't think anyone would disagree with his mentality and humility. He keeps players focussed (Or how he says it "fuckused" - I love it) and grounded like mentioned and overall, his preperation for matches is excellent, the best i've known whilst supporting Barcelona.

The only criticism I have of him is his substitutions. However, although inconsistant, he has made important substitutions that have worked well.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Fucking genious. Hes Johan and capello rolled into one. Four in a row against Madrid. Bow to the master.

Home of Barca Fans