Pep Guardiola

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
If he wins CL and la liga this year, it would be bigger for me than last year, its so difficult to follow a year like last year, Showed that he is a great tactition aswell.... Visca Pep!

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Though I am not pushing much for CL (if we get it would be out of the world if not ok,won`t be sad ), just Liga that would I love to have this season . It is extremely difficult to get back to back CLs , damn I feel pain when I see them working their ass of .... if we get CL in Bernabeu , I may would have to hit Psychosis center out of sheer joy in the meantime loss of nerve !

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Pep Looked so cleaaaaaaan on match day what a human being... for me he is def somehow related to god

C

cule1991

this match was an exact reason why the people who say "pep wins not because of his own qualities, but cause of having a great team" are wrong. the line-up seemed really strange at first, but then we all saw how it worked, a combination of defensive idea and at the same time using the offensive power of defenders themselves! i think that was the reason because of which the midfielders felt comfortable to rule the match. brilliant idea, viva pep!

T

tampan

i wonder what all you guys think, which one is the best? is it mourinho or pep?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Barcelona's Key to Success: Pep Guardiola's Suit?
by
Yoosof Farah
Written on April 11, 2010
MADRID, SPAIN - APRIL 10: Barcelona manager Josep Guardiola reacts during the La Liga match between Real Madrid and Barcelona at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu on April 10, 2010 in Madrid, Spain. (Photo by Denis Doyle/Getty Images) Denis Doyle/Getty Images

Players, fans, and journalists alike are coming in from all parts of the world to hail Lionel Messi as one of the all-time greats, and the 2010 Catalan colossus FC Barcelona as the one of the greatest ever footballing teams.

But what exactly is the key to their success? Is it the wonders of Messi? Maybe the total midfield domination with Xavi, Iniesta, and Co.? Or perhaps even the heroic, rock-solid defending of Carles Puyol et al?

According to the psychologists and suit experts in FourFourTwo Magazine, it's none of the above, but rather Barca manager Pep Guardiola. And not just for his mastermind tactics and brilliant man-management.

It's the psychology of Guardiola's uber-cool suit that apparently has profound effects on the performances of his superstar team.

Moises Rodriguez, friend of Pep Guardiola and owner of the store where Guardiola buys several of his suits, says "the whole suit thing is his idea."

"It epitomises his managerial style and shows the players and the president he means business.

"There's no one mouthing off in the press these days and no one interfering with how the team is run."

Body language analyst Judi James believes Guardiola's suit emphasises his authority, commenting that "the psychological impact of his dress style comes from its complete incongruence."

"On the surface he takes classic tailoring very seriously, yet he takes his designer suit and mashes the heart out of it, tying his tie too short and crumpling the front of the suit.

"This suggests a sense of power, as though he wears the suit instead of allowing it to wear him.

"His overall look is inspirational for the team, showing the rewards of good play and classy behaviour, but the subsequent GBH of the threads warns them he fears no one."

And according to James, Guardiola's style shows the Spanish coach has an eye for detail.

She continues, "[Guardiola's suit is] nearly all in the cut and detail, which would suggest to his players he's a stickler for the technical aspects of the game, rather than the passion.

"And the way he chooses his ties to match the suit suggests a rather clinical eye too, which could intimidate the players and keep them in line."

So, are these people simply reading too much into a bit of tailoring? Or is it one of the vital secrets to his incredible managerial success?

At the current rate of performances from FC Barcelona so far under Pep Guardiola, you'd have to say it's the latter.

:pep:

S

stipsburg

Pep is so brilliant, like a chess grandmaster...
His tactics and strategy were marvelous against real

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Above and beyond the worst coaching performance of the season, if not Pep's career. Mourinho outwitted him and I don't know why he refused to adjust.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
he might have been outmuscled but the end really called for a fox like bojan in the box. 3-2 from 3-1 is such a huge change around and with keita, maxwell and abidal we basically had 3 left backs.

toure had to come in and the half time team talk clearly didn't forsee the obvious onslaught which was coming.

Aasim

Bumbleman
He just had an interview for Sky Sports and he looked as though he was close to tears.

He did make mistakes but he can fix them.

knicks

Do ya feel lucky, punk?
He haven't fault - Messi and Xavi wasn't in a best form!
With hope in CampNou,to do something,with protection of FCBfans.

Home of Barca Fans