Pep Guardiola

Waschdel

Sammer is a Pep admirer. I think they might connect well but only time will tell because the chemistry between humans is something that can hardly be foreseen.

DennyCrane

Sammer is a Pep admirer. I think they might connect well but only time will tell because the chemistry between humans is something that can hardly be foreseen.

Don't you think that this deal has "Van Gaal" written all over it ? Although Pep and Louis are completely different personalities, they are both "conception-coaches" looking for long-term development. Hoeneß, Rummenigge etc. always pretend to be in favor of long-term development but go completely apeshit when there's no short-term achievements.

Do you think they'll give him the time he will need to implement his philosophy of football into the team ?

Oh btw. , welcome !

khorne

Good choice, this should turn the scales in bayerns favor again, unless Kloppo still knows a trick or three. I'm a bit disappointed though, because the ultimate move would have been to go to real and replace mourinho. That would have gotten us, the madridistas, every major club in europe, mourinho would have been trolled into another dimension...

Waschdel

Don't you think that this deal has "Van Gaal" written all over it ? Although Pep and Louis are completely different personalities, they are both "conception-coaches" looking for long-term development. Hoeneß, Rummenigge etc. always pretend to be in favor of long-term development but go completely apeshit when there's no short-term achievements.

Do you think they'll give him the time he will need to implement his philosophy of football into the team ?

Oh btw. , welcome !

First of all - thx for the welcome :wave:
I do not think that this deal has written van Gaal all over it. Or a least I hope so. Van Gaal implemented the possession-style in Munich; that is right.
So you are kind of right that both coaches are conceptional.
But besides that there are no similarities between these two coaches. It is more than obvious that Pep has another style to deal with his team. Van Gaal is a one man show, which does not really work well in big clubs like Bayern (or Barca), where the headcoach is the leader of a team of coaches, scouts and so on.
I also do not think that Pep is a one dimensional coach. Bayern will never be a second version of Barca. It will be interesting to see how Pep will transform his philosophy for the players he going to work with. In clubs like Bayern time for development is always short and you´re right arguing that the likes of Hoeness and Rummenigge are kind of impatient if there is no success.
I don´t know if they´ll give him the time, but he might have a good partner in Sammer to shield him when needed.

DennyCrane

First of all - thx for the welcome :wave:
I do not think that this deal has written van Gaal all over it. Or a least I hope so. Van Gaal implemented the possession-style in Munich; that is right.
So you are kind of right that both coaches are conceptional.
But besides that there are no similarities between these two coaches. It is more than obvious that Pep has another style to deal with his team. Van Gaal is a one man show, which does not really work well in big clubs like Bayern (or Barca), where the headcoach is the leader of a team of coaches, scouts and so on.
I also do not think that Pep is a one dimensional coach. Bayern will never be a second version of Barca. It will be interesting to see how Pep will transform his philosophy for the players he going to work with. In clubs like Bayern time for development is always short and you´re right arguing that the likes of Hoeness and Rummenigge are kind of impatient if there is no success.
I don´t know if they´ll give him the time, but he might have a good partner in Sammer to shield him when needed.

Agreed. I'm pretty curious what Pep has up his sleeve for this team. I can't imagine Bayern playing like Barca either and, honestly, I don't think that this playstyle would suit Bayerns' current squad much. So Pep kinda has to reinvent himself in Munich.

mobster_1930

BAxA7ZECUAEt0k8.jpg

Fishdoll

Bakalao
Pep and the FC ARROGANT-Bayern ....i can't understand.....sorry everything would have been better, even Schalke

Wow. That's pretty serious coming from a Dortmund fan.

I am curious to see how it goes and think the choice is better than anything in England so am happy to wait and see (but I am not a fan of any particular Bundesliga club.)

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Why are there so many Bayern haters here?

Some of the players are very arrogant and many fans are too. Plus Bayern is kind of a more stiff/business oriented club. Players aren't very close and neither is the staff. I mean at Barca he was at home and everyone's like a family here. At Bayern that isn't exactly the case.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans