Pep Guardiola

Valdivia

Oh man. Totally missed everything. >.>

Anyway, it all makes sense really as everything would be in the way that Pep would want. Although, personally, I really would've liked it more if he went to Milan. :(

Can't wait to see Kroos being the next Xavi and Gomez playing as the false nine. :p

Managing under Berlusconi and Galliani, in the Serie A, is not quite the most comfortable seat for someone like Pep. Also with their squad, it will take some time to ingrain his system and a big squad makeover.

GiantKiller

Managing under Berlusconi and Galliani, in the Serie A, is not quite the most comfortable seat for someone like Pep. Also with their squad, it will take some time to ingrain his system and a big squad makeover.

You're right but I guess I want to see Milan do well. :O

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
A nice grammatic joke by Catalan press:

67tw8j.jpg

'Un club germà' means either 'A German club' or 'A brother club'

Yugo Count Dante

Funny how people tossing the name "Bayern" into the ring thereby demonstrating how they basically know nothing about that club. Of all clubs in the world, this is probably the club Pep is least likely to ever manage. There are golden rules in Munich - the profile of requirements to coach there are crystal clear:

The designated coach

- Must speak german - period.

- Must be an old friend of Hoeneß, Rummenigge or at least Beckenbauer or he's bearing the name Hitzfeld. If not, he's eyed very closely from day one.

- Must have played at the club with the exception of Lothar Matthäus who is even less likely than Pep to ever coach there. If not, same as above.

- Must never know more about the game than Uli Hoeneß. If he does, and Hoeneß finds out, he's immediately removed from the vicinity, forever shunned and branded as a "difficult person" in the next sky90 interview. In such occasions, the club may nevertheless feed off the posession style that coach teached these lame-ass players.

- Must always accept the players the "Uli-Hoeneß-lookalike-contest-winner" aka Christian Nerlinger wants to sign - no matter how lame they are.

- Must give an interview to BILD or Focus, or at least another magazine owned by Helmut Markwort, every two days - this can't be stressed enough.

- Must always pretend not to know that Philipp Lahm leakes dressing-room information to the magazines mentioned above in order to recieve high marks in their player rating.

- Must always field the players Nerlinger signed + never bench Lahm and Schweinsteiger no matter their form-curve.

- Must always keep silent in the dressing room if Hoeneß/Rummenigge/Nerlinger decide to show up and start yelling at the players and start throwing stuff through the dressing room. Afterwards, the coach has to repeatedly state he didn't even know they were there.

and, most importantly, never EVER use the players as he sees fit AND/OR change the formation that was used in the year before.

I remember this :D

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Good stuff on Denny but in fairness to him, I also think it shows how much a proud/arrogant club like Bayern prized Pep - that says a lot about the work he has done here, IMO. I think it underscores just how much respect/admiration they have for the sort of job they believe he can perform - despite being Catalan, even at a very German club

I think that's a remarkable achievement that even Sid Lowe sort of touched on today in his Guardian blog

Trequartista

The good
After the tension with Mourinho in the last year,bet a gentleman like Klopp as the major rival was influental in this decision,what a rivaly that will be

Home of Barca Fans