Pep Guardiola

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Don't understand the Bayern hate in here either, besides the irrational rivalry they have with other forum members teams.

Naturally I wish Pep all the best and if we do meet next season it will be very interesting. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he preps for those games and in the team-talks etc.

Bundesliga is about to get a whole lot sexier.

Trillske

On the one hand it's pretty boring he goes on to the next "self playing piano".

On the other hand, Bayern have still been a good level below Barcelona so he has a chance to prove a point anyway. The other side if the spectra is more interesting; what if he fails completely (and getting rid of Ribery in the process)?

Richard.H

While I think Pep was a legend for us, I think any other team he coaches besides Barca he will be in for a rude awakening.

The reason the players in Barca trusted him so much and gave their all for him was because he was everything that the La Masia culture embodied.

How will he motivate and be trustworthy to any other team? How will he deal with big egos that come in nearly every club other than Barca?

I just don't really think he will be anywhere near as dominant with other clubs as he was with Barca.

JackaL

While I think Pep was a legend for us, I think any other team he coaches besides Barca he will be in for a rude awakening.

The reason the players in Barca trusted him so much and gave their all for him was because he was everything that the La Masia culture embodied.

How will he motivate and be trustworthy to any other team? How will he deal with big egos that come in nearly every club other than Barca?

I just don't really think he will be anywhere near as dominant with other clubs as he was with Barca.

There are also players with big ego's at Barca, the art is to manage all players and form a team. I guess Pep has done that in a way nobody thought it would be possible.

Just think about it. Messi, surely known and even proven as the best player of (all) time, gets all the attention, the PR, the prizes etc. When indeed Pique, Puyol, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta etc. were World Cup and Euro winners. It's actually great that these playes know Messi's quality but not everyone with that kind of trophies would have done that. Surely we're lucky to have them as they are, but Pep did surely a good job to form a super team. It's not easy when you sack stars like Ronaldinho and Deco etc.

At Bayern he will win the team with his dedication, professionalism and passion. Germans love hard working guys and Pep is known to work hard :) in Graham Hunter's book, I remember to have read how he prepared his youth team for the matches. The players were suprised that he prepared with DVDs and tactical presentations. They felt as if they were in the first team and preparing for a La Liga match.

I hope Pep will be successful there, winning the Bundesliga and even the CL. Because I'm sick of the mainstream media and some would be pundits claiming that Pep has still to prove things in his career. You got a manager that won almost everything possible in 3-4 years, creating the best team of football's history and still he has to prove himself. It would be a punch in the face to so many invisible Pep & Barca haters.

Don't you ever hear it? Phrases such as:
Barca is nothing without Messi.
Pep is lucky to have such players as Barca has without them he would have never been so successful.
Barca's football system doesn't need a manager, everyone could do it. (my favorite by the way)

Pep succeeding with Bayern nationally and internationally means this :D

bitch-please.jpeg

Ursegor

World Champion
Kinda ... boring. Bayern have reached 2 CL finals in the past 3 years and they are walking the Bundesliga right now while playing attractive football. They are arguably the second best team in the world. Not much of a challenge really.

Waschdel

There are also players with big ego's at Barca, the art is to manage all players and form a team. I guess Pep has done that in a way nobody thought it would be possible.

Just think about it. Messi, surely known and even proven as the best player of (all) time, gets all the attention, the PR, the prizes etc. When indeed Pique, Puyol, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta etc. were World Cup and Euro winners. It's actually great that these playes know Messi's quality but not everyone with that kind of trophies would have done that. Surely we're lucky to have them as they are, but Pep did surely a good job to form a super team. It's not easy when you sack stars like Ronaldinho and Deco etc.

At Bayern he will win the team with his dedication, professionalism and passion. Germans love hard working guys and Pep is known to work hard :) in Graham Hunter's book, I remember to have read how he prepared his youth team for the matches. The players were suprised that he prepared with DVDs and tactical presentations. They felt as if they were in the first team and preparing for a La Liga match.

I hope Pep will be successful there, winning the Bundesliga and even the CL. Because I'm sick of the mainstream media and some would be pundits claiming that Pep has still to prove things in his career. You got a manager that won almost everything possible in 3-4 years, creating the best team of football's history and still he has to prove himself. It would be a punch in the face to so many invisible Pep & Barca haters.

Don't you ever hear it? Phrases such as:
Barca is nothing without Messi.
Pep is lucky to have such players as Barca has without them he would have never been so successful.
Barca's football system doesn't need a manager, everyone could do it. (my favorite by the way)

Pep succeeding with Bayern nationally and internationally means this :D

So true JackaL. In Germany you often read these so called arguments. It probably is combined to the recent successes the barca squad had.
Yesterday when the "Pep deal" was made public many of the bayern-haters were writing these phrases as well.
It will be fun to see them silenced.

Blaugrana dude

Kinda ... boring. Bayern have reached 2 CL finals in the past 3 years and they are walking the Bundesliga right now while playing attractive football. They are arguably the second best team in the world. Not much of a challenge really.

The real challenge then will be if he can steer Bayern into conquering Europe. Its been 10 years since they last won it and I'm sure the fans are craving for it. Also maybe he chose Bayern as he was not very confident in Man City's UCL chances :pep:

Ursegor

World Champion
Everything going according to plan. Mourinho and Pep, 2 former Culés, managing Barcelona's most dangerous rivals in the Champions League. Mourinho is already doing a good job sabotaging Madrid from within. Now it's Pep's turn with Bayern. This way we will reach La Decima quicker than Real Madrid. Excellent. :tito:

Doobs

The Messiah

It's not like he was going to go to a shit team.

Oh wait, he was linked to Chelsea.

GiantKiller

Oh man. Totally missed everything. >.>

Anyway, it all makes sense really as everything would be in the way that Pep would want. Although, personally, I really would've liked it more if he went to Milan. :(

Can't wait to see Kroos being the next Xavi and Gomez playing as the false nine. :p

Home of Barca Fans