Pep Guardiola

goope

Bayern vice president Rummenigge about the Guardiola deal

His first sentence - in German btw - was "How is Jupp?" Rummenigge told the press about a long and intensive telephone call with Guardiola yesterday evening. "It was important for him that Jupp plays a successfull second leg, that he is fine and that Jupp also has a good feeling about the decision that was made yesterday together with him."
Jupp Heyneckes "congratulated" the club, Rummenigge said. Guardiola was "a wonderful, first class decision."

"We are happy and almost a little bit proud that Pep Guardiola decided to coach FC Bayern." Rummennigge said.
"The whole package Bayern München" was decisive for Guardiola's decision Rummenigge believes.
"Bayern München has a good image in the world of football. That's what I also realised in the conversation with Pep. We are a club that is reliable, respectable and well structured. In the focus of attention is exclusively football. If it would have been exclusively money, then Bayern München wouldn't have had any chance."

"Today we can say that he probably brings two co workers with him." (Fits with @barcastuff It's expected that Guardiola's right-hand man Estiarte and physical coach Buenaventura, who left Barcelona last year, will join Bayern. [md])

"He's studying German intensively now becuse when he arrives he already wants to speak German well enough so that there is no language barrier."

About the fact that Guardiola stays in New York for the rest of his sabbatical : "Pep explicitly doesn't want to harm the current season or the work of Jupp Heynckes in any way."
Apart from his coaching qualities Rummennigge appreciates this reticence/class about Guardiola.
"He is an extremely reliable and social oreintated person." Guardiola is "a super guy. You can feel that after you sit on the table with him for five minutes. He has an incredible personality, an amazing aura and charisma."

Last edited:

ammarfcb

ze special one
IT'S HAPPENING
http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2013/01/17/internacional/1358386418_278244.html (cliffs for non-spanish bros: neymar-bayern)
1358447246733_1.jpg

89Norcal

I'm happy for Pep and I think Germany will be an interesting challenge for him, even if his main focus is likely Champions League victory.

I'm mostly glad he's finally joined SOMEONE. I'm so sick of reading the word "sabbatical".

Moe