Pep Guardiola

Qonny

I think it's pretty obvious that Pep lost the tactical battle. The fact that he, for starters, got the initial tactics wrong, and had to revert to a 4-man back line after just 20 minutes, says a lot according to me. Bayern never had a grasp of the match the way Barca did, and even though they won the possession, they didn't utilize it well enough to be considered a tactical advantage.

People can talk all they want about how individual brilliance won the match, but it's not like it has to be black or white just because of that. Individual brilliance got us the goals, but for me, the tactics won us the match.

Barca created lots of chances, and just like how the individual brilliance got us the goals, individual mistakes cost us goals. In the end though, it's not just about the goals that were scored, but the work behind them and what allowed them to come. Hard work and good tactics paved the way for Barca, and also completely shut down Bayern.

JackaL

Why are you so childish? It doesn't matter whether it's Pep or someone else, you can still support your team, win, and enjoy the victory without being hostile and disrespecting the opposition. Especially if they've done nothing to disrespect you. Fuck him? I will respect him again after Tuesday? Do you even see how incredibly ignorant and immature that is? No one said he is god. No one said he is the only talented manager out there. No one said he doesn't make mistakes. No one said he is incapable of losing a game. You are making no points and you're simply showing your immaturity. Also, I feel bad for you if you need to downplay other people's achievements to emphasize your own.

Well there's a fact: he's one of the key actors in making this team the best in history, his interpretation of Michel's/Cruiff's philosophy is a further development of the game. You just can't discuss stuff with ignorant people.

Funnily, as Pep is someone who can admit making mistakes (RM game last year), he is criticized as hell. Maybe he should have a Mou attitude, always blaming others :D

JackaL

Pep's guilt or not, but the stats say that he now has 270 Minutes of consecutive semis without scored a goal with Bayern, against Spanish teams.
Aggregate score 0:8.

Those aggregate scores are full of shite, just like the 7-0 marketing story there was. Bayern's game against RM last season, the first leg was not as devastating as people state here.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Yeah, ramos scored 2 headers in 5mins from corners.
Absolutely nothing you can do about that, obv after that bayern opened up and conceded more.

dakt

His legacy here is beyond anything. We made history with him and what a history! I don't know why some of you keep forgetting that.
Pep is always welcomed here. Great coach, but it's not easy to keep the team on the high level, especially after what Jupp did. Repeating that is almost impossible and
if people cant get that then they better not follow football.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
There is only one undeniable fact, and that is that the score was 0:0 until the last 13 minutes of the game.

There are three other undeniable facts:

1. Football match is played 90 mins.
2. Manuel Neuer was mom up until 77th minute
3. Bayern had ZERO shots on target

So don't make it sound as if Barca were shut down when in fact Bayern were lucky to go in 0-0 up until Messi goal.

If you still love pep, that's fine but don't try to belittle this win with nonsense facts.

Stric

There are three other undeniable facts:

1. Football match is played 90 mins.
2. Manuel Neuer was mom up until 77th minute
3. Bayern had ZERO shots on target

So don't make it sound as if Barca were shut down when in fact Bayern were lucky to go in 0-0 up until Messi goal.

If you still love pep, that's fine but don't try to belittle this win with nonsense facts.

I'm not belittling the win, I have said it numerous times and in several threads that we absolutely dominated and deserved to win. We weren't shut down, but we didn't score for 77 minutes. How often does that happen to Barca? Yes, we missed sitters, but we miss sitters in pretty much every game. Bayern was lucky in general, and Neuer saved their ass, but let's not pretend that they didn't hold on for a long time before conceding, in whichever circumstances.

Glad Enrique destroyed him and the resident Barcaforum bumboy Thiago. Anyone who thinks a team of Bayern's calibre should be losing the first leg of a CL semi-final 3-0 is delusional. He left his team without a semblance of a chance in a 2 legged affair.

No one made this amount of excuses for Mourinho and he did a far better job at Real.

"It was 0-0 with 13 minutes left". Let's forget about Neuer's heorics and the fact a game lasts 90 minutes.

He's been a complete failure at Bayern. No two ways about it.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I wonder if pep is happy today his beloved barca won or sad cause he lost

Obviously he will be sad. I wonder if he will stay at bayern next season if they don't make it to finals. Lets not kid ourselves it is not looking great for bayern.

Home of Barca Fans