Pep Guardiola

frog-fcb

Not sure if he will stay or not who could they replace him with and were would he go man city could be an option but i dont really think.they play pep style football and would need a complete overhaul

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Muller-and-Guardiola-main.jpg

I think Muller might be fired soon:coffee:

BBZ8800

Anyway, Pep has a problem, and it was apparent already in Barca's days.

He can play only a possession football:
1. if it works=good
2. if not, he still plays a possession football=and hopes that a result will magically change

He said this after the match:
"I respect the players I had on the bench but I decided to make just one change. I could have made more but I opted to stick with the team on the pitch. I am very proud of my team – for two or three months now we have had problems but we have come this far. These players have won major trophies in recent years, even a World Cup. The bad things are down to me. I can only thank these players. We knew who we were facing tonight. It has worked for me in the past to control possession and I CANNOT IMAGINE football PLAYED ANY OTHER WAY. But I congratulate Barcelona and we will see them next week in Munich."

Bayern's fans are angry because of that.
And partly they are right, surely.

Our Lucho's Barca didn't work well in the first half of the Season, and luckily Lucho changed some things.

With Pep, till now, he doesn't offer any hopes that he will be interested in changing anything regarding a possession football.
It seems that he is willing to experiment with formations, from 442 to 451, 433 and 352, but he plays possession all the time.

And it seems that most of the bigger teams have figured out tricks how to win against Barca's/Bayern's extreme possession game, and he is having problems against more or less any stronger team.

If he will want to win more CL trophies with some teams in the future, he will need to step away slightly from his stubborn one-dimensional possession and only possession football and offer some other variations also.

Simmelbert

Obviously he will be sad. I wonder if he will stay at bayern next season if they don't make it to finals. Lets not kid ourselves it is not looking great for bayern.

lol? not looking good?

just lol. next season the whole team will be injury free.

i know that neymar-suarez-messi is out of this world.

but

someting like

ribery-lewa-robben

isn't to bad when fit, aye?

Simmelbert

Anyway, Pep has a problem, and it was apparent already in Barca's days.

He can play only a possession football:
1. if it works=good
2. if not, he still plays a possession football=and hopes that a result will magically change

He said this after the match:
"I respect the players I had on the bench but I decided to make just one change. I could have made more but I opted to stick with the team on the pitch. I am very proud of my team – for two or three months now we have had problems but we have come this far. These players have won major trophies in recent years, even a World Cup. The bad things are down to me. I can only thank these players. We knew who we were facing tonight. It has worked for me in the past to control possession and I CANNOT IMAGINE football PLAYED ANY OTHER WAY. But I congratulate Barcelona and we will see them next week in Munich."

Bayern's fans are angry because of that.
And partly they are right, surely.

Our Lucho's Barca didn't work well in the first half of the Season, and luckily Lucho changed some things.

With Pep, till now, he doesn't offer any hopes that he will be interested in changing anything regarding a possession football.
It seems that he is willing to experiment with formations, from 442 to 451, 433 and 352, but he plays possession all the time.

And it seems that most of the bigger teams have figured out tricks how to win against Barca's/Bayern's extreme possession game, and he is having problems against more or less any stronger team.

If he will want to win more CL trophies with some teams in the future, he will need to step away slightly from his stubborn one-dimensional possession and only possession football and offer some other variations also.

what on earth will you chance when robben, ribery, alaba and badstuber are injured and javi isn't fit?

Devils

lol? not looking good?

just lol. next season the whole team will be injury free.

i know that neymar-suarez-messi is out of this world.

but

someting like

ribery-lewa-robben

isn't to bad when fit, aye?

Yeah good luck to you and your 33 and 32 year old injury prone wingers next season.

Zangash

Banned
Bayern fan said:
what really bothers me is what could have happened in 2014 when we had probably the best chance in history to retain the CL title

:lol: Every team says this but it's so funny to see how delusional Bayern fans really are.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We had the vulcano and disallowed Bojan's goal for CL final in 2010.
In 2012 it was luckiest Chelski side with Di Matteo.

It's always something, Bayern isn't only one with bad luck.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
People are writing off bayern now? They will be back strong next season if pep stops playing the clown alonso in midfield and trying overly complex tactics.

Zangash

Banned
We had the vulcano and disallowed Bojan's goal for CL final in 2010.
In 2012 it was luckiest Chelski side with Di Matteo.

It's always something, Bayern isn't only one with bad luck.

The common factor in all of this, ironically, is Pep.

Pep is a bad luck charm, but Lucho... :coffee:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I don't trust that talk. You just have to have some luck to win it. We needed plenty on that Iniesta's last gasp goal at Stamford Bridge in 2009.

We can talk about who deserved it most at some period. That would be a good discussion.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
People are writing off bayern now? They will be back strong next season if pep stops playing the clown alonso in midfield and trying overly complex tactics.

There's nothing suggesting him abandoning his philosophy.
But they should come back stronger as will PSG, Chelsea, ManUtd, City and others.

Home of Barca Fans