Pep Guardiola

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Thing is that Bayern were the team after Barca that could play posession football under LVG and even Heynckes. He didn't know they'd win the treble when he signed. They are probably the best run club in the world as well.

So I guess it made sense from his pov at the time. He was just unlucky that they won and his style even with their players isn't 100% he can only really implement it with Barca.

BBZ8800

So I guess it made sense from his pov at the time. He was just unlucky that they won and his style even with their players isn't 100% he can only really implement it with Barca.

True.

Bayern is more likely to play a better version of possession football than Man. Utd, Chelsea or Juventus.
So, it made sense in that way.

But also, my claim stands that NO CLUB in the world will ever be able to play Tiki-Taka/Possession football like Barca/Spain.

Also, when you sum all of that, if Pep will remain stubborn, then he will have the same problems in virtually any club in the world.
= no one can play as good as Barca (Tiki-Taka, or even slightly different versions, as Simmelbert claim, for example)
-- so even this version is apparently not good enough

So, Pep will either repeat the same mistake over and over in all his future clubs.
Or he will eventually change his approach and accomodate his new style to his future club's tradition/history/Dna/players etc.

Simmelbert

just of one shit game against, barca you can't say pep failed...thats my opinion.

we played some brilliant football this year. at the end, when half of the team was injured, we fighted for our lifes.

nothing more you can do.

really looking forward to next saison.

raskolnikov

Well it would be more of a challenge for Pep. City needs to be renewed and improved.
On the other hand I wouldnt mind seeing him one more season at Bayern though. He can definitely win a cl with them, you just need a little luck as well.
People make it out to be liek we dominated them for 90 minutes and they were Lucky not to lose 6-0. When in reality we were better than them but they hold their own and did very well in the second half untill Messi woke and and destroyed them in 4 minutes. But considering their injuries you cant really say they suck and Pep should be fired.

Bertus

BeIN sport france keeps announcing the transfer of Pep Guardiola from Bayern to City.

He will earn 22M euros per year there according to BeIN.

Louis Bloom

Leaving Bayern after two seasons, especially after two failed CL campaigns...sure would like a big failure for him. Cant see this happening this summer. Would be a big disappointment if true.

King5Puyi

Leaving Bayern after two seasons, especially after two failed CL campaigns...sure would like a big failure for him. Cant see this happening this summer. Would be a big disappointment if true.

I guess it's not up to him anymore. Bayern board and fans are furious. They have imploded,with below average results to show for it.

Louis Bloom

I guess it's not up to him anymore. Bayern board and fans are furious. They have imploded,with below average results to show for it.

Again this is not true. The Bayern board is behind him, Sammer and also Rummenigge expressed their support many times since Pep arrived at the club, even during these difficult times the Bayern board is behind him.
There's no problem between the Board and Pep, they even want him to sign a new contract but Pep wants to deal with that in summer. The fans are a bit angry that is true, but not all of them. That would not make Pep leave the club this summer.

DennyCrane

Yes; his tenure would be perceived as a failure, first and foremost though by himself. Their squad needs a major overhaul as well, leaving now would be leaving them in shambles. If Bayern are clever, they announce a contract extension prior to the Barca match; that would be an important message to their team.

Kinlejus

Yes; his tenure would be perceived as a failure, first and foremost though by himself. Their squad needs a major overhaul as well, leaving now would be leaving them in shambles. If Bayern are clever, they announce a contract extension prior to the Barca match; that would be an important message to their team.

He did the same to us. So no surprise there.

And to others, please stop with this crap that it was our board that forced him quit.... He had the support of the players and of the FANS!

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans