Pep Guardiola

raskolnikov

Well, another disappointing gesture from pep then. Many managers will be there so I don't see what's the big deal.
He must be scared not to upset his Bayern supremos after another disappointing season.

Which makes sense, sitting there all serious would suck as well.
Funny btw how Bayern killed the league so that not winning the cl makes the season disappointing instantly.

Catalan Fan

Problem is... he wouldn't sit there all serious if say we scored etc, he'd struggle to hide his emotions.And that would be picked up by numerous cameras.

Disappointing, but think I understand his reasons.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He's not a child though. Grown-ups can control emotions if they have to.
If you are referring to PSG game when he was at Camp Nou, I think some of his reactions were; to put it mildly, over the top.

He's a legend but I really don't like everything he did post Barca.

raskolnikov

Yeah but imagine being him sitting there knowing the cameras are on him the whole time while he has to restrain his emotions.
Makes perfect sense to say fuck it, open a few becks beers, chill with his friends and go crazy like us fans.

Richard.H

He's not a child though. Grown-ups can control emotions if they have to.
If you are referring to PSG game when he was at Camp Nou, I think some of his reactions were; to put it mildly, over the top.

He's a legend but I really don't like everything he did post Barca.

To be fair Pep was always a bit of an overly emotional manager. You could see that everytime he's on the sidelines whether it's been with Barca or Bayern. More so with Barca because he has had a lot of ups and downs with this team.

Devils

Certain Bayern fans/media have severely started to doubt his attitude to Bayern after this season and are piling any evidence they can to go against him. These fans absolutely hated his comments about Messi when he said that he was 'unstoppable and no tactics could be used to contain him'. Also earlier his reactions during the City game at Camp Nou went viral and again didn't reflect positively with the Bayern fan base.

He shouldn't go to this final because it will be another outlet that could be used against him if things keep going downhill next season.

If I was in Pep's situation, from a purely professional standpoint, I wouldn't go either.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Certain Bayern fans/media have severely started to doubt his attitude to Bayern after this season and are piling any evidence they can to go against him. These fans absolutely hated his comments about Messi when he said that he was 'unstoppable and no tactics could be used to contain him'. Also earlier his reactions during the City game at Camp Nou went viral and again didn't reflect positively with the Bayern fan base.

He shouldn't go to this final because it will be another outlet that could be used against him if things keep going downhill next season.

If I was in Pep's situation, from a purely professional standpoint, I wouldn't go either.

To be fair, those comments about Messi were pretty stupid. Not only has Messi been stopped numerous times, but portraying that kind of defeatist attitude helps no one. Look at what Heynckes said before the clash in 12/13:

April 12, 2013:

“If we do draw Barcelona, we’ll be ready. I know them like the back of my own hand, maybe even better than my own team … I know their philosophy, their system, their tactics and all their players.”

Bayern's confidence shone through in those games. Of course, the teams and situations are different but what the coach says does matter. And from what I've heard, the Bayern players did not take too kindly to Pep's tactics or words.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
To be fair, those comments about Messi were pretty stupid. Not only has Messi been stopped numerous times, but portraying that kind of defeatist attitude helps no one. Look at what Heynckes said before the clash in 12/13:

April 12, 2013:

Bayern's confidence shone through in those games. Of course, the teams and situations are different but what the coach says does matter. And from what I've heard, the Bayern players did not take too kindly to Pep's tactics or words.

Jupp didn't mention that the barca they faced was a crumbling team, with messi, puyol, masch injured.
He was just lucky, if he faced a healthy barca, bayern never would have won.

StarLord

April 12, 2013:

I agree that he should not have made those comments about Messi for they provide ammunition to those inside Bayern who want to criticize/scapegoat him. Other than that, what people say before games matters very little, if at all.

In his stead, I would just fuck off to Man City, especially if they could spend big this summer:

a) Winning the BuLi with Bayern is merely par for the course, there is not credit to be had out of it. Winning the EPL with City is however a success.

b) Reaching the semis with Bayern and losing, is considered a big failure by Bayern supporters/German press. Doing the same with City will be seen as a success. Anything better than that, and the English press will deify him a la Jose.

c) He will have more control at City.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Love it how people continue to make excuses for him. It's like a girlfriend that left you, you won't face up to facts that she walked away

JamDav1982

Jupp didn't mention that the barca they faced was a crumbling team, with messi, puyol, masch injured.
He was just lucky, if he faced a healthy barca, bayern never would have won.

You can never know if Bayern would have beat a full strength Barca side in 12/13 so cant say 'Bayern never would have won'.

In my opinion there was a lot of faults in the Barca team that season that was being expoited by the bigger teams but enough to steam roll the smaller ones. Those faults for me would have been exposed by Bayern no matter who played for Barca over those two legs. They were so much better.

Home of Barca Fans