Pep Guardiola

W

woobie

(from the club website)

Pep Guardiola was discharged this morning, after spending five nights in hospital for treatment on his herniated disc. He will attend a press conference this afternoon to talk about the Champions League match against Arsenal.

At 11.00 the Barcelona manager was discharged from the hospital where he had been admitted early last Thursday morning. Guardiola, who has spent five nights in hospital, was allowed out for a few hours on Saturday evening so he could lead the team in the league game against Zaragoza.

Guardiola will give a press conference in the Ricard Maxencs press room at the Camp Nou this evening. He will attend the media following the press conference of his 1st team player, Sergio Busquets. Later, starting at 18.00, Guardiola is expected to lead the 1st team training session on the Camp Nou pitch

Madness

ept_sports_sow_experts-506408371-1299624865.jpg

I can imagine Pep saying "Lead me to the truth and I ... will follow you with my whole life!"

Or maybe its the Barca fans, like us, that should be saying that to Pep. ;)

Quote is from the song "White Blank Page" by Mumford and Sons.

3:12 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Od0PJp6GI

Koma

The one thing that impresses me most when Pep comes in mind, is his fashion style, the guy is a swagger.
:cool:

Birdy

i dont want to spoil the wonderful atmosphere after qualifying but there is a question that troubles me about Pep:
Why did he want Eto to leave the club ?
as oyetunde siganture says: "i have a feeling that keeping eto would have saved us 85m (45m for ibra and 40m for villa)
and gotten us a 4thCL"

W

woobie

I don't think Pep did want Eto'o to leave -- it's my understanding it was a wage thing with Eto'o (him wanting more than the club was willing to pay). Am not an expert though -- can anyone else confirm this (or tell me I am wrong)?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
woob, we should avoid this topic...It's a veritable avalanche of opinion that splits everyone down the middle really...No one really knows all the facts, just a good bit of conjecture & innuendo...Nevertheless, there's anecdotal evidence out there that would suggest that Pep never ultimately felt Samu was going to be someone who would stay on the same 'Barca page'...Then there's the contract renewal fiasco that seemed to drag on inexplicably (And for him to go MIA)...Not sure if we'll ever get the real story but it very likely had far more to do with just money or how he fit into the system

W

woobie

I'll accept your guidance on the issue, FCBarca -- I'm not entirely clear on the details, myself. Agree that it seems to be one of those divisive issues. Thanks.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'll accept your guidance on the issue, FCBarca -- I'm not entirely clear on the details, myself. Agree that it seems to be one of those divisive issues. Thanks.

You should ask Bojan though, he has an alternative set of theories on what happened

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Guardiola: "I think my time here in Barcelona is coming to an end. I'm fine here, but you can't stay for long at a club like this." [rai]
Guardiola: "Next year will be my 4th as Barça coach and a club must have a lot of courage to keep a coach for so long." [rai]

I think you should renew till you die,Pep.

F

Flavia

Guardiola: "I think my time here in Barcelona is coming to an end. I'm fine here, but you can't stay for long at a club like this." [rai]
Guardiola: "Next year will be my 4th as Barça coach and a club must have a lot of courage to keep a coach for so long." [rai]

I agree. I can't imagine anyone else taking his place right now.

lovebarca

does it mean pep is not happy with rosell and he is just staying one more year to keep his promise stay one more year and then leave next year
first i thought it joke but 3 spanish newspaper declaring it

pep plz take example of SAF,Wenger and stay here forever

Home of Barca Fans