Pep Guardiola

Beast

The Observer
I wasn't asking you :lol: We all saw that last year against Inter how a well organised 9 man defence is hard to break without a tall and strong CF who can head the ball.

You mean Ibra who actually played the two games ? ;) (backfired in your face , no ? ;) )

No u don't need a tall CF .. u just need to go back to play Messi on the wings and put Villa on the center

Seamus

I wasn't asking you :lol: We all saw that last year against Inter how a well organised 9 man defence is hard to break without a tall and strong CF who can head the ball.

Get Ibra back from loan. Fixed.

You missed a piece of my post I'd say??

You mean Ibra who actually played the two games ? ;) (backfired in your face , no ? ;) )

No u don't need a tall CF .. u just need to go back to play Messi on the wings and put Villa on the center

That would be perfect with an in form Villa but right now isnt an option unfortunatly.

Jennyx3Villa

I think the same! we don't need Ibra. Messi on the wings and Villa is in the center and Pedro or Bojan on the other wing :D

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Don't need too , i've been avoiding the CL thread completely ..letting people getting worked out on their own ...

Cause u use him as a winger.. now who's mistake is that ?

That doesn`t mean you will ruin the Guardiola thread . :| and say no to Ibra as he will be off to Madrid soon . :p

Beast

The Observer
Not about Ibra , i didn't suggest that u bring Ibra i was the first to say that deal will be a bad one and i was proven right..
i'm discussing a tactical solution .. u've been very narrow in your attack since Pep moved Messi to a false 9 with both Pedro and Villa standing close to the area as oppose to wider like Messi-Pedro used to do.. waiting for the width provided by Alves and u know he can't and will not be able to give that vs Madrid due to our wingers speed.
the center is the easiest place to block as u saw twice in 4 days cause we also block the source (Xavi - Iniesta ) so most of the Copa game Messi had to go as deep as the halfway line to get the ball.. worked like a Charm
solution : go back to the basics.. Villa center , Messi-Pedro on the wings

having said that i hope Pep is still stubborn and play the same way

Seamus

Don't need too , i've been avoiding the CL thread completely ..letting people getting worked out on their own ...

Cause u use him as a winger.. now who's mistake is that ?

I dont think that is a mistake. Villa is so effective coming in from the left wing and this is possibily his best ability/place in terms of positioning.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Messi as False9 doesn't kill width (especially as he moves wide on occasion anyway) the problem is Pedro and Villa. they usually provide stellar width but because of injury/loss of form, they come central looking for goals, and the team has narrowed. in the second half of the Copa final, however, Pep actually moved Villa to the middle and stuck Pedro wide-left and we reaped the benefits immensely.

now Villa has scored, he may find more comfort in that wide left position again. if not, we can move him central. that's the beauty of our front 3, they're all versatile.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Not about Ibra , i didn't suggest that u bring Ibra i was the first to say that deal will be a bad one and i was proven right..
i'm discussing a tactical solution .. u've been very narrow in your attack since Pep moved Messi to a false 9 with both Pedro and Villa standing close to the area as oppose to wider like Messi-Pedro used to do.. waiting for the width provided by Alves and u know he can't and will not be able to give that vs Madrid due to our wingers speed.
the center is the easiest place to block as u saw twice in 4 days cause we also block the source (Xavi - Iniesta ) so most of the Copa game Messi had to go as deep as the halfway line to get the ball.. worked like a Charm

This will be most probably what Pep should do , imo . There should not be any doubt that we will play defensive , we will attack , attack and more attack , hold the ball and pass as we do.

Mascherano should play left back - Stop Ozil ; don`t break the pique-puyol combination .

Birdy

Agree about width...
but i would actually drop villa and use him late on...

F

fedob

This will be most probably what Pep should do , imo . There should not be any doubt that we will play defensive , we will attack , attack and more attack , hold the ball and pass as we do.

Mascherano should play left back - Stop Ozil ; don`t break the pique-puyol combination .

Unfortunately there will be no Iniesta tonight

Home of Barca Fans