Pep Guardiola

BJJ

I think he just didn't like dealing with the board and the politics.
At Man City, he has far more freedom and power, plus an unlimited budget to change players whenever he wishes.
Exactly. No employee likes dealing with politics unless they're a real bitch. You know,the bitchy males and females who are looking to climb the ladder.
Pep doesn't have to deal with that at City. Finances are in order plus the board is stable and he has alot more clout at City. At Barcs there's rival factions, the press, politics etc.

His main legacy now will be City. He will stay for another 2 ,maybe three years and leave. He will want to leave his legacy intact.

KingLeo10

The GOAT manager.
Brings me immense joy to see the key members of that Barcelona dynasty all solidify themselves as GOATs outside of the nucleus.
Messi with the WC and Copa, Xavi/Iniesta with the WC/2 Euros, and Pep by winning CL outside Barca and making EPL into Bundesliga.

Porque

The rumours were that on our US tour that Pep discovered Greenberg's Bagels and couldn't resist spending a year there.

Can't be the GOAT until he does it in a level playing field. It's not even me making things up. How many rules have they broken again?

I can imagine Simone Inzaghi wining CL both with this Inter or (in some parallel universe) with this $ity.

Can you imagine Pep wining it with this Inter or some similar team? I didn't think so.

That is a huge difference.

Like wining F1 title with BEST car - even mediocre driver can do it. But with mediocre or bad car - only great driver can do it...

Pep with all his Stars and all his Billions was unable to outplay this Inter. Let that sink in.

fergus90

I won't belittle Pep's achievements because if it was easy everyone would do it.

However, I will say him winning with Man City doesn't feel quite the same due to their unlimited resources. That Barca side of his was built with a majority of home grown players.

He's basically able to buy whoever he wants every summer now.

I just saw this:

"On 5 October 2020, Darmian joined Inter Milan on a season-long loan; Inter had an obligation to make the transfer permanent for £1.8 million at the end of the loan period."

Just for perspective: basketball club Crvena Zvezda spent more on Campazzo. Yeah. Fucking basketball club from fucking Serbia.

On the other side Pep also spent that much... + additional 98 M on his RB, Walker. He could've bought 50 Darmians just for that position in team. Yeah. And people here calling him GOAT... :facepalm:

Home of Barca Fans