Pep Guardiola

vegitot

I can imagine Simone Inzaghi wining CL both with this Inter or (in some parallel universe) with this $ity.

Can you imagine Pep wining it with this Inter or some similar team? I didn't think so.

That is a huge difference.

Like wining F1 title with BEST car - even mediocre driver can do it. But with mediocre or bad car - only great driver can do it...

Pep with all his Stars and all his Billions was unable to outplay this Inter. Let that sink in.
Yeah. Let's hope EPL teams will hire Inzaghi next season to beat Pep in EPL.

Catta

Last season Pep outplayed Carlo but lost. People called him a fraud. This season Pep was outplayed but won, and people still call him a fraud. Some people will always look for a fault, he can win every game next season by 5 goals, and people woukd still find a reason to shit on him.

Rory

Haven't seen anyone call him a fraud. Think I've just seen reasonable posts about how Pep has the most expensive squad ever assembled. Winning 1 UCL with the city squads he's had and money he's spent is bare minimum stuff.

Consistently winning the EPL has been the bigger achievement tbh

Porque

In the end it is still a bloody great achievement, but people won't put as much value in this treble purely because they have the limitless to have a squad for trebles. At Barcelona, apart from the romanticism for the generation, the club could never afford depth in quality (Pep even said he preferred smaller squads- lol).

Don't really like the City Group because it is a ridiculous project that manouevres around the rules to control more footballers than FIFA rules legally allowed. But what can you say, Sheikhs gonna Sheikh it.

Bobo32

I won't belittle Pep's achievements because if it was easy everyone would do it.

However, I will say him winning with Man City doesn't feel quite the same due to their unlimited resources. That Barca side of his was built with a majority of home grown players.

He's basically able to buy whoever he wants every summer now.
It's not unlimited resources. There are many clubs, Barcelona included, who can or could compete in terms of transfers. Haaland is more or less the first prestigious signing City has made since Pep joined, it has mostly been well scouted players from smaller clubs with the fees including a rich club's buyer tax and sometimes an English player tax.

fergus90

It's not unlimited resources. There are many clubs, Barcelona included, who can or could compete in terms of transfers. Haaland is more or less the first prestigious signing City has made since Pep joined, it has mostly been well scouted players from smaller clubs with the fees including a rich club's buyer tax and sometimes an English player tax.
City have as good as unlimited resources and currently Barcelona cannot compete with City for transfers. That's just the reality.

I'm a huge Pep fan, and quite literally stated I wasn't belittling his achievements but his Barca achievements were what defined his greatness not his time at City.

2 M $ Darmian, affordable even for teams in Albania & Simone FUCKING Inzaghi rated by NOBODY dominated Pep and his 2 B $ team. Billionairs won with a lot of luck and Pep is GOAT?

right-dr-evil.gif

KingLeo10

The only knock against him was that he couldn't win the big cup competition without Messi, Xavi, Iniesta.

1 CL, another CL final, and 5 EPL without them is a tremendous achievement. Don't care about his Bundeslolga days.

Bobo32

City have as good as unlimited resources and currently Barcelona cannot compete with City for transfers. That's just the reality.

I'm a huge Pep fan, and quite literally stated I wasn't belittling his achievements but his Barca achievements were what defined his greatness not his time at City.
I saw what you wrote, no need to defend yourself.

Okay, they have close to unlimited resources (that they are not allowed to use though, nor have they used a lot more than some other teams) and currently they are probably just a bit above Barcelona in terms of being able to get the best players. They weren't two years ago or earlier though, the team they built was through good work and cooperation between Pep and the board. Nothing, especially not money, hindered Barcelona, PSG, Real Madrid or Manchester United to get a squad comparable to City's.

People will probably remember Peps achievements throughout his career, the way he got Bayern to play and his insane success with City, where some even would argue that this team is stronger than his Barcelona side, playing in quite a different way, with much worse players.

Temptation

Pep fans are manufacturing strawman arguments and retaliating to that. :lol:

No one said Pep is trash or a fraud. I called him a top 5 coach already.

The point is we can't call him greatest ever when certain coaches have done tougher things and won the same trophies with far weaker teams. He needs to prove he can win with a level playing field.

jamrock

Pep fans are manufacturing strawman arguments and retaliating to that. :lol:

No one said Pep is trash or a fraud. I called him a top 5 coach already.

The point is we can't call him greatest ever when certain coaches have done tougher things and won the same trophies with far weaker teams. He needs to prove he can win with a level playing field.
Who is the 4 that's better than him & please don't tell me SAF will be one.

KingLeo10

> Helmed arguably the most dominant/overwhelming club side of all time, along with Ajax 70s.

> 5 EPL in 7 seasons

> CLs with 2 different teams

Please name these 4 other managers with better CVs

jamrock

1) Dominated the two best leagues in the world while he was coach at the time, La Liga & EPL.

2) Won 3 CL titles

3) created what is widely considered the best team in the history of football, at worst top 3.

4) has been the reference for all his contemporaries since his 2nd season in football, every single top line coach either, (a) copies pep or (b) is thinking of away to stop him or be anti pep

5) has Improved every single player that he's coached.

6) plays positive progressive football.

He's done all that with WC players, like every other great coach in any sport ever.

Home of Barca Fans