Pep Guardiola

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Guardiola_relaja_Siena.jpg

20110708dasdasftb_39.jpg

20110708dasdasftb_40.jpg

M

mitkoa7x

With the hard season to come he needs all the rest he can get.
Thanks Pep!

Barcafan 2304

It is, needs to enjoy this summer......we will have another testing year and mind games from Madrid to contend with again this year

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Just finished the 2nd part of the translated interview with Menotti over at the tb site...Fantastic stuff honestly, if he's writing a book, I definitely want to get my hands on it

But there was a part where he went on about Pep that stays with me...Apart from the usual effusive praise, there was almost a mythical view of Guardiola...of genuine admiration & awe in him...I find myself forgetting sometimes how special this person is, Pep

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
MD has a short but nice interview with Barca's head of External Relations (PR I guess), Manuel Estiarte...In it, he touches on the famous pressy gave regarding Mourinho & their tactics in the Clasicos...It's not a great deal of insight or revelation but you get a glimpse of the man behind the curtain as well as how the players responded

Estiarte said all season Pep had privately been critical of how Mou had conducted himself but had showed restraint despite feeling it was needed to respond...He said they had the TV on nearby when Mou had given his latest pressy of typical BS ahead of the CL, it was then that Pep apparently had enough...'No way. The whole season has been the same from him. Today is the day'

Manuel also confirmed that the club itself, Barca, were suggesting Pep show restraint as well but that Pep was determined to carry out what he did...Estiarte said news of the pressy spread among the players by SMS and by the time Pep had returned to the hotel, everyone was there for a standing ovation

Manuel said that among his 3 years in his position with the club, that night was one of the most special

He also mentioned something about Victor Valdes providing something ahead of the clash with Inter Madrid in that CL match but it was unclear to me what it was...I thought it was a video or imitations or something, perhaps some Catalans might be able to decipher it

[youtube]rrBpHA8QcgU[/youtube]

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans