Pep Guardiola

Stric

Why is everyone acting as if Pep left because the ship was sinking? He fulfilled his contract and left. I wish he hadn't, but he didn't screw anyone over by leaving. He even said after winning the 2011 CL final, when the team was at their absolute peak, that at the moment, he is willing to do one more season, but that he's not sure if he will continue after that. He even said something about stopping for a while when he starts lacking passion and drive. That was a year before he actually announced he wasn't extending his contract and the team started declining (although I think that's not very true, either - we were one extremely-unlucky-game-against-Chelsea away from the CL final for the second year in a row). It's obvious his mind wasn't 100% in it even when they were at their very best.

DrPepper

He did the same to us. So no surprise there.

How? wtf

Can't really believe him going to City, although they're the team closest to his playing style and vision. Would also mean he'll never coach United, something he'd probably love to do.

raskolnikov

How? wtf

Can't really believe him going to City, although they're the team closest to his playing style and vision. Would also mean he'll never coach United, something he'd probably love to do.
Arsenal?

I think Pep should have gone to United back then, made more sense than Bayern at that point.

sundar

It is a failure for pep, he should have joined utd or atleast chelsea. I dont know how he will handle city with ageing squad and ffp

F

Flavia

He still has one year of contract left, right? I don't think he'll leave. Only if he's fired.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't think he will leave Bayern either. He will not leave until they win the CL, I think. He can't have this bitter taste in his mouth knowing he has failed and he chose to escape.

nnao

I don't think he will leave Bayern either. He will not leave until they win the CL, I think. He can't have this bitter taste in his mouth knowing he has failed and he chose to escape.

I think so too. I wonder if the board are considering sacking him, though.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think so too. I wonder if the board are considering sacking him, though.

I don't think so. KHR seems to be Guardiola's No.1 fan. If Hoeneß is back, it could be a different story.

I agree that the question is whether he will extend after 2016. Whether he will be there next season is not the question: He will.

nnao

I don't think so. KHR seems to be Guardiola's No.1 fan. If Hoeneß is back, it could be a different story.

I agree that the question is whether he will extend after 2016. Whether he will be there next season is not the question: He will.

I don't know. Hoeness absolutely loves Pep too.

Home of Barca Fans