Pep Guardiola

Bionicman

But it didn't fail. the 2-1-4-3 [2=Puyol and Mascherano; 1=Busquets; 4=Xavi, Cesc, Alves, Iniesta; 3=Leo, Alexis, and Cuenca] created enough chances to win the tie in the first half. players just didn't finish.

again, this was not a case of 2009 vs Chelsea or 2010 vs Inter. Barça created chances and should have buried them, rather than 2009/2010 when Barça did not create very many chances. That's what every one seems to have lost sight of here. This loss had nothing to do with the 3-4-3 vs the 4-3-3 or not having enough CBs or not having enough players to help Leo.

Barça created chances.
Barça did not score off of chances.

simple as.

however, in 2009 and 2010 the issue was that Barça did not create chances. today it was that Barça were wasteful.

I call that progress. no?
In 2009, Barcelona played against a previous-year finalist Chelsea team that finished 2nd in the PL when the PL was sending 3-4 teams to the CL semis each year. In 2010, Barcelona played against a team that won the Italian treble for the first time in history, beating the champions of England, Russia, Spain, and Germany on the way. This year, Barcelona played against a Chelsea team that is the same number of points (25) away from relegation as they are from the PL title.

B

barcelonista

What should be dead, is the Xaviestabregas experiment.

It's Busqueviestabregessi experiment.

Just read Pep's pre-match press conference by the way. Dafuq is this:

“Believe me when I say we will make it tomorrow. I believe this for hundreds of reasons; these players will beat Chelsea. I know there’s a wish for us not to make it, but let us believe that we will.”

Fail. :pep:

.blitzer

If Pep renews, there will be a cleaning in the restroom. A few players will be sold. And there are rumours that Dani is half sold.
If he won't renew, he will take a break for one year.
I guess he was more decided to take a break, but after what happened this week, he has to change his mind, he can't leave now. And the players will be important to convince him of that.

ray243

It is sad to see people being so cowardly by simply stating 3-4-3 doesn't work without necessary explaining why. What makes you think 4-3-3 is enough to beat this Chelsea team with all key forwards being injured/out of form? Just because the team no longer uses the same old formation doesn't necessary mean the new formation is at fault. Did people even notice that football formation keep changing all the time, and there is a reason why this happens?

You can keep using the same old formation and people would eventually figure out the best way to play against your favourite formation. Look at what happened to Man Utd when they refused to adapt from their tried and tested 4-4-2/4-4-1-1. They lost to Barcelona because they refused to believe that having 2 average mdifielders is not enough to play against a team with a decent midfield trio!

Also, people don't seems to notice that MORE teams are treating a draw with Barca as a win today as opposed to 2009-2011. Once all the elite teams feel that they are the underdogs everything they play against Barcelona, you have to realise that teams are being less open and less attacking against Barcelona.

There is a reason why teams rarely manage to retain their standing as the best team around for more than 3 years, and it is largely to do with more and more teams thinking that it is actually OK to draw.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Im sooo growing tired of him and his utterly retarded decisions. And his game plan & tactics too.

He is incapable of changing tactics.

Busquets pffffft. This guy is as useful as a scarecrow in defense.

He keeps playing too many midfielders. Who is gonna score your goals??

And there is much more.

Pep, I hope you leave. Hell even i am a better coach.

These lines really cracked me up, and I am heavily depressed after last night. You definately are not very aware tactically, so please don't comment on such matters man. It was not Pep that told the players to stay static and keep doing the same thing over and over again. funny how people like you make it very very very clear as to why pep signs year by year.

impeh

Hi, its me..
If Pep renews, there will be a cleaning in the restroom. A few players will be sold. And there are rumours that Dani is half sold.
If he won't renew, he will take a break for one year.
I guess he was more decided to take a break, but after what happened this week, he has to change his mind, he can't leave now. And the players will be important to convince him of that.

wait what? :(

Yugo Count Dante

Loving you more Pep. You are truly more than a human... !!
qf7Ib.gif

Clockwise

Buccaneer
I thank Pep for this season. I actually can not thank him enough.
And for winning only three trophies and reaching another Copa final for a potential 4th trophy. the only thing I want now is for him to sign his contract. more than a normal manager. we should enter our second phase of evolution. this team has the capacity to change the normal cycle of super teams. And I know that Pep is the man to guid us there.

Machina

I thought those 3 cups belong to last season. Didn't TV3 made that documentary in 2010, after Pep's first season 2008-2009, named "El Barça de les 6 Copes"? Even on the official website there were 5 cups lined up earlier this year, representing the cups won last season. We didn't win 3 cups this season and contend for one more. We won 5 last season and we're contending for just one this season. Whoever is happy with just CdR is a hypocrite and forgot how we all mocked the merengues for being happy with just that cup. I really can't care less about that trophy after these 3 games where we epicly fucked up.
Now let's see if he'll renew! I want him to so he'll finish his transformation plan of the team. If he doesn't... I'll just thank him for this dream! He deserves a statue built in front of Camp Nou.

Beast

The Observer
I thank Pep for this season. I actually can not thank him enough.
And for winning only three trophies and reaching another Copa final for a potential 4th trophy. the only thing I want now is for him to sign his contract. more than a normal manager. we should enter our second phase of evolution. this team has the capacity to change the normal cycle of super teams. And I know that Pep is the man to guid us there.

No man , all supercups and CWC belong to last season not this season.. they are all directly connected to last season trophies ( Supercup due to winning the league and /or cup -CWC because you won last year CL ..etc )

so the correct naming would be last year Barca won 5 trophies (which is magnificent )

Home of Barca Fans