Philippe Coutinho

Zidane82

Now this is interesting given rumours that we are gonna cash in on Braithewaite and KunA wants out !!

##

Barcelona has interest for Arsenal players Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Alexandre Lacazette

behindbrowneyes

Coutinho has been injured for a very long time and has no game rhythm. Wouldn't read much into it of him being not in the squad yesterday unlike fit players like Pjanic and Umtiti. If I need to make a guess I'd say Coutinho will take over Pjanic's #8 once the Bosnian is gone. Coutinho needs at least one more week, better two weeks until he can play again. I think he'll stay and probably also take a pay-cut.

BBZ8800

You expect too much from these players. Who at city is capable of "magic" besides kdb? At Liverpool pretty much no one. Who at Chelsea creates chances out of nothing? No one, at bayern it's the same. What's important i to play as a team through movement and passing to create opportunities not rely on individuals.

Liverpool: Salah, Firmino
City: Pulisic, Havertz

I am not expecting Ronaldinho/Messi/Neymar type of magic.
But there are players who are capable of creating SOME level of magic out of nowhere.
In form Coutinho was one of them.

Contrary to the opinion of a majority: Pedri and Frenkie are not one of them.
Those guys can work well IF they have 2 magicians upfront.
Pedri and Frenkie will run, pass and keep possession, while magicians will finish the job.
When you remove magicians from the team, you are left only with Griezz-Pedri-Frenkie who are meh without magicians and then our team will look like a weaker version of Spain on Euros: tons of possession with zero end product.

Our team lacks magicians in general.
Without Messi, we are left only with Depay.
And teams will soon figure out that he is the main threat and they will double-mark him.
And what then, we will rely on magic from Griezmann-Pedri-Frenki?
Good luck with that.

TacticsTim

Liverpool: Salah, Firmino
City: Pulisic, Havertz

I am not expecting Ronaldinho/Messi/Neymar type of magic.
But there are players who are capable of creating SOME level of magic out of nowhere.
In form Coutinho was one of them.

Contrary to the opinion of a majority: Pedri and Frenkie are not one of them.
Those guys can work well IF they have 2 magicians upfront.
Pedri and Frenkie will run, pass and keep possession, while magicians will finish the job.
When you remove magicians from the team, you are left only with Griezz-Pedri-Frenkie who are meh without magicians and then our team will look like a weaker version of Spain on Euros: tons of possession with zero end product.

Our team lacks magicians in general.
Without Messi, we are left only with Depay.
And teams will soon figure out that he is the main threat and they will double-mark him.
And what then, we will rely on magic from Griezmann-Pedri-Frenki?
Good luck with that.

You don't need magicians that's what I'm saying. No top team has players who are capable of creating something out of nothing. Instead they press run and pass. And de Jong although not kdb has qualities he made a great cross to Braithwaite and to depay vs juve as well as scoring goals last season so he has end product. Pedri needs to improve on that I agree. As I said no top team has magicians Chelsea won with fucking werner and havertz 2 insanely one-dimensional players.
I like coutinho and I think he can play well if barca plays like last night, fast direct dynamic instead of slow shit with Messi.
You don't need magicians pressing running creates chances you just need reliable players who can make the correct decision in th right moment rather than someone who creates out of nothing. Barca had 3 magicians in MSN and they couldnt score shit vs top teams after he treble cuz the team didn't run made no movements.

BBZ8800

You don't need magicians that's what I'm saying. No top team has players who are capable of creating something out of nothing. Instead they press run and pass. And de Jong although not kdb has qualities he made a great cross to Braithwaite and to depay vs juve as well as scoring goals last season so he has end product. Pedri needs to improve on that I agree. As I said no top team has magicians Chelsea won with fucking werner and havertz 2 insanely one-dimensional players.
I like coutinho and I think he can play well if barca plays like last night, fast direct dynamic instead of slow shit with Messi.
You don't need magicians pressing running creates chances you just need reliable players who can make the correct decision in th right moment rather than someone who creates out of nothing. Barca had 3 magicians in MSN and they couldnt score shit vs top teams after he treble cuz the team didn't run made no movements.

Name me a few teams who won CL titles without magicians.

I know that we aren't planning to win a CL anytime soon, but building a team around good, reliable passers without any magic is a recipe for turning into an eternal 3rd/4th place team.

TacticsTim

I know that we aren't planning to win a CL anytime soon, but building a team around good, reliable passers without any magic is a recipe for turning into an eternal 3rd/4th place team.

Literally last season do you know how to read

Laplacian

Chelsea 20/21
Chelsea 11/12
Bayern 19/20
Liverpool 18/19
Madrid 17/18

Last team to do so with traditional magicians and flair players was us, in my honest opinion.

TacticsTim

Ronaldo was magician though

Not rly but Marcelo and modric were. Ronaldo scored good goals and a lucky but great bicycle kick. The goals were just standard good movement and finishing nothing "magical".

Chelsea Liverpool and bayern all didn't have magicians they relied on good teamwork running and movement

HanDW

How in the world is Pulisic a magician lmao, he needs tons of space to be able to beat a man otherwise he just runs into defenders with his head down, he isn't a creative passer either. Havertz might fit that description during his Bundesliga days but last season he was more about being a eficient player and a pseudo workhorse in the pressing than anything.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

How in the world is Pulisic a magician lmao, he needs tons of space to be able to beat a man otherwise he just runs into defenders with his head down, he isn't a creative passer either. Havertz might fit that description during his Bundesliga days but last season he was more about being a eficient player and a pseudo workhorse in the pressing than anything.

Kante is the magician :messi:

FinBarcelonafan

Chelsea didn't really have stand out player to me.

Good team effort got them the win

Home of Barca Fans