Philippe Coutinho

Zidane82

I get the concept of a hard working team that play as a unit, press high up etc etc... I just don't see Barca as one of those teams, without some standout players. The type of players that got all of us to start watching this club. Ronaldo9, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Romario etc.. That's just the way I see this club.

Yeah ... bring back Ibra to lead us out of the wilderness!

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I get the concept of a hard working team that play as a unit, press high up etc etc... I just don't see Barca as one of those teams, without some standout players. The type of players that got all of us to start watching this club. Ronaldo9, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Romario etc.. That's just the way I see this club.

actually fc barcelona is more a team like sevilla, the power comes from the team without having THE outstanding player. If we could get a big player like haaland and 1-2 good transfers for example we can get back to the top but yeah need money first.

Zidane82

actually fc barcelona is more a team like sevilla, the power comes from the team without having THE outstanding player. If we could get a big player like haaland and 1-2 good transfers for example we can get back to the top but yeah need money first.

Maybe we can do a PSG and get Haaland on loan :)

MTL_Barca

I feel like BBZ is just describing good offensive players, because if Salah or Havertz are "magicians" then pretty much every class winger is one as well.

For me a "magician" would be more of a show player, like Neymar. But honestly that kinda feels like a dying breed right now with where football is heading, he's pretty much the last one to actually make it big as well. Players like Mbappe or Haaland don't come close to that kind of flair at all.

Last edited:

kattanib

Was Coutinho ever shit for us? Or did he simply not impress? There is a difference there

If he did not impress, then it is because of two things: Messi eating up a lot of his role, and our expectations of what he should do given the amount of money we paid.

Messi is out now, and if we assess Coutinho without looking at how much we paid for him I think we will find good use for the guy

Catta

Watch the Anfield game again, and you will see what a shit player he is. You can make excuses for him that Messi was eating up his role, but there is no excuse for the pathetic performance of his, no fight, no running, no pressing, was a passenger the whole time, like playing with 10 men.

Adding salt on the wound, without his transfer, Liverpool wouldn't have had money for van Dijk and Allison. Their two most important players that season, without them, Barca would have been CL winners.

HanDW

I guess the evil Messi is to blame for Coutinho flopping at Bayern too, he called Flick and told him to bench Philippe because he was jealous of the level our boy was showing in that playmarker role free from the shackles of #10.

/s

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Watch the Anfield game again, and you will see what a shit player he is. You can make excuses for him that Messi was eating up his role, but there is no excuse for the pathetic performance of his, no fight, no running, no pressing, was a passenger the whole time, like playing with 10 men.

Adding salt on the wound, without his transfer, Liverpool wouldn't have had money for van Dijk and Allison. Their two most important players that season, without them, Barca would have been CL winners.

Good point, anyways, i dont disagree to give him another season to prove (probably we wont get any offers anyway) himself. If he flops again he needs to go and BBZ can continue to live peaceful :p

BBZ8800

I guess the evil Messi is to blame for Coutinho flopping at Bayern too, he called Flick and told him to bench Philippe because he was jealous of the level our boy was showing in that playmarker role free from the shackles of #10.

/s

Oh, no, Cou flopped at Bayern, who won a CL that season, played an amazing football and won 8:2 against us.
Can you name 3 players from our team who would have been starters at that Bayern side? I can't.

What a disaster to not make it at this team, lol:

iniestaGOAT

Oh, no, Cou flopped at Bayern, who won a CL that season, played an amazing football and won 8:2 against us.
Can you name 3 players from our team who would have been starters at that Bayern side? I can't.

What a disaster to not make it at this team, lol:

That really was a team with no backbone. We played scared from start to finish. Scared as soon as we matched up with bayern.

koeman did well to make this a team again.

Home of Barca Fans