Philippe Coutinho

Joan

I'd consider it if he ended his career with the club. But after leaving like this for PSG? Hell no.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'd consider it if he ended his career with the club. But after leaving like this for PSG? Hell no.

If Barca could or should have retired #10 then him leaving for PSG wouldn't matter anyway.

But the club can't and IMO shouldn't retire it. If Ansu can stay healthy and have a true breakthrough season then it's his next year.

SmilerBam

whole forum is full if plastics, mate. or do you by any chance live in barcelona/catalunia?

He's making me plastic, and i am sure i follow this club for longer than him, Pathetic. I even said that i ll never support QSG for Messi. I just think no one deserves the number 10 from the current squad. And Coutinho is one of the last deserving ones.

Joan

He's making me plastic, and i am sure i follow this club for longer than him, Pathetic. I even said that i ll never support QSG for Messi. I just think no one deserves the number 10 from the current squad. And Coutinho is one of the last deserving ones.

Stay at the club. It's not like Barca cares about numbers anyway. They've given Xavi's number to Arthur and Denis, everybody gets to wear Iniesta's 8. We've got the limited amount of numbers available and Coutinho's got to get one.

SmilerBam

Stay at the club. It's not like Barca cares about numbers anyway. They've given Xavi's number to Arthur and Denis, everybody gets to wear Iniesta's 8. We've got the limited amount of numbers available and Coutinho's got to get one.

Arthur was seen as new Xavi back when we bought him. Coutinho, we know him, he is a known quantity(aka, he is shit). Tbh, if in this season he will be good, i would give it to Ansu Fati next year.

Joan

If Barca could or should have retired #10 then him leaving for PSG wouldn't matter anyway.

But the club can't and IMO shouldn't retire it. If Ansu can stay healthy and have a true breakthrough season then it's his next year.

I'd never retire the number or name something after a player playing for direct rivals. That's just lame.

Joan

Arthur was seen as new Xavi back when we bought him. Coutinho, we know him, he is a known quantity(aka, he is shit). Tbh, if in this season he will be good, i would give it to Ansu Fati next year.

Don't think anyone deserves it like somebody's fit to wear Messi's boots, but somebody's got to take it. And I'd rather see Coutinho have it than Fati breaking under pressure this season. Agree about the next one.

ebc_99

You can't retire the No. 10, its the most iconic number in football, but I would rather someone other than Coutinho though.

Home of Barca Fans