Philippe Coutinho

wisconsincule

Redemption season coming up!!! Let’s go Phil! Looks like he is going to stay so let’s not be miserable fucks and try to cheer him on.

Messi983

Yeah, I don't have high hopes for him but I'll support him like the rest of the team. I'll take whatever good he can offer us.

Not good that he can't make a 12 man bench, he's been training for weeks already. I'd like to hope he could make some contribution this season, don't know if that will happen.

Koeman said he needs one more week of training, will play next week.

Raketa10

Considering the lack of quality and experience in our team I am sure this guy can help us. I hope he will be ready for the next game.

Neeraj

Even with Messi now gone, it's the same problem. The way we play, where does Coutinho fit in exactly? The very easy answer for Koeman will be, yeah just check him in instead of Braithwaite on the left. But honestly, between the Danish Destroyer and Coutinho on the LW, I'd actually prefer the former. He's that bad on the wing + offers lesser workrate.

So then I only really see one possible position for him which is instead of Pedri.

JohnN

Even with Messi now gone, it's the same problem. The way we play, where does Coutinho fit in exactly? The very easy answer for Koeman will be, yeah just check him in instead of Braithwaite on the left. But honestly, between the Danish Destroyer and Coutinho on the LW, I'd actually prefer the former. He's that bad on the wing + offers lesser workrate.

So then I only really see one possible position for him which is instead of Pedri.

What about:
----------- Shit goalkeeper ----------
Dest -- Araujo -- Lenglet -- Crybaby
-------- Roberto ------ FDJ ---------
----------------Pedri--------------
-----Griezeboy-------Coutinho-------
-------------Memphis-----------------

malvolio

What about:
----------- Shit goalkeeper ----------
Dest -- Araujo -- Lenglet -- Crybaby
-------- Roberto ------ FDJ ---------
----------------Pedri--------------
-----Griezeboy-------Coutinho-------
-------------Memphis-----------------

wings are fucked. everything would run through the middle and that is easily defended by any team.

JamDav1982

Pedri and FDJ double pivot as Pedri needs to develop into a mid that takes ball and dominates the game and less reliant on waiting for it to get there... also Pedri is one of best at reading game and knicking ball from opposition. Wee, white slower Kante at times.

Attacking mid...Coutinho if gets fit maybe or Griezmann but needs goals/assists from that position.

Front three.. Depay at CF and one of Dembele/Fati if not both as badly need that pace in behind to put opposition on back foot and limit the high press.

That is assuming no transfers as still think Griez could go if Atleti come again but would look for an attacking player from them in return not Saul so much.

JohnN

wings are fucked. everything would run through the middle and that is easily defended by any team.

I can't, for the life of me, put Dembele on any line up. I can't stand his stupidity.
But this way at least we might regain control of matches, and be able to play from the back. We do have 2 attack minded fullbacks to cover for wing play.

Redbuck

This. Just tells the state of our team when the likes of BBZ believe that an ancient Coutinho will return from injury and perform magic for us.

malvolio

I can't, for the life of me, put Dembele on any line up. I can't stand his stupidity.
But this way at least we might regain control of matches, and be able to play from the back. We do have 2 attack minded fullbacks to cover for wing play.

alba works best if he has who to combine with on his side. let's say maybe coutinho would be there. but even that is a stretch.

dest is a calamity as shown from the 2 liga games, where our right side was dead except for some FDJ runs from center-right.

Home of Barca Fans