Philippe Coutinho

Messigician

"Coutinho's value is now only 10m"

Crypto crashes have nothing on this cat dawg

Makes sense tho, how shit is his fitness going to be after Covid?

khaled_a_d

According to Sport they want to pay 3 million, which is only 20% of his wages. I doubt there is anything there.

Was doing some digging, seems like Brazil maximum tax rate is around 27% which is around 18% less than Spain, as Brazilian resident he will be taxed on worldwide income, so whatever we pay him, it is taxed on Brazilian rules and not Spanish.
If they are ready to cover for his 20% net salary, that is more than 20% of his gross salary, in addition we save 18% of the rest of the salary we cover.
Too dizzy to do the math, but if this is correct there is big potential saving there while negotiating a deal with us.

MTL_Barca

From 3rd most expensive transfer in football history to discussing if a loan with 20% net wages covered is a good deal for us in just 4 years. Incredible development :lol:

delancey

From 3rd most expensive transfer in football history to discussing if a loan with 20% net wages covered is a good deal for us in just 4 years. Incredible development :lol:

Hopefully this teaches the club hierarchy a lesson about irresponsible business practices. 🤪

Mateka

Clubs can always look for mutually beneficial deals, he goes to a 2nd club on loan with them paying part of their salary while we pay the rest.
If a player refuses that, it is on him.

That appears Barca’s best hope. Sadly with more than one player.

Because of Bosman it is in the players interest to sit tight, hang on, see the contract out. Then big signing on fee elsewhere.

It is stacked against the club.

Mateka

I know it’s El Nacional but it’s the only good news around of Coutinho moving on.

Tottenham want to sign 29-year-old Barcelona and Brazil playmaker Philippe Coutinho on a free transfer, but the Catalans are holding out for a 17m fee amid possible interest from Everton and Arsenal. (El Nacional - in Catalan)

Mateka

Por qu? el Flamengo puede ser la soluci?n para la salida de Coutinho? Sport.es

I guess, Coutinho to Flamengo.

George_Costanza

I know it?s El Nacional but it?s the only good news around of Coutinho moving on.

Tottenham want to sign 29-year-old Barcelona and Brazil playmaker Philippe Coutinho on a free transfer, but the Catalans are holding out for a 17m fee amid possible interest from Everton and Arsenal. (El Nacional - in Catalan)

[@DailyMailUK] Tottenham are ready to pay ?20M for Coutinho in January

It's the Dailymail though

Messigician

Palmeiras have informed Phillipe Coutinho's agents that they will not pursue his loan signing in January. Paying 20% of his wages is far too much for the club.

? @sport

Should we counter offer with 10% or 15% bros?

Home of Barca Fans