Philippe Coutinho

Rassvet

The issue is probably about how much of his wages we need to cover. I'm sure he might accept leaving if he still gets similar salary.

Andresito

Staff member
Madrid got nothing for James when he left for Everton. I don't expect us to get anything for Coutinho either.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Will be happy to let him leave for free aka terminate his contract and let him join Arsenal or Newcastle free of cost. Just getting rid of his bloated salary will help. Especially since it was reported he didn't agree to a paycut.

olivis

So the most memorable moment of our most expensive transfer in history is him scoring two goals against us in the biggest humiliation in modern football history.

Can a transfer be any worse?

serghei

So the most memorable moment of our most expensive transfer in history is him scoring two goals against us in the biggest humiliation in modern football history.

Can a transfer be any worse?

Very difficult to see another transfer as worse as Coutinho.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Some talk about Barca & Arsenal talking about a loan + obligatory purchase for 10m in the summer for him. They'll pay his entire salary for the rest of the season too.

If they can get it they should take it.

JamDav1982

Later reports today said Arsenal do not want any obligatory buy clause.

Strange one when they are developing a young team and have Odegaard and Smith Rowe both playing well who can cover AM.

Cant see much in this rumour unless they want numbers to help cover for AFCON in Jan or something.

Andresito

Staff member
Yeah can't see why Arsenal would want him either unless as some sort of backup. But he'd be one of the highest paid players, if not the highest, just to sit on the bench.

Messi983

Later reports today said Arsenal do not want any obligatory buy clause.

I hope Barca's insistence on obligatory buy clause won't ruin the deal. I'm ok as long as they take him on loan for 6 months and pay his full wages so we can register Ferran. That should be a priority for January, if he'll return in summer we'll deal with that then.

But hopefully he'll do well enough that more clubs will show interest if Arsenal won't buy him. If Newcastle stays up maybe they could be one of the clubs targeting him.

fergus90

I’d take him at Villa. Especially now we’ve got Steven Gerrard in the hot seat. I reckon he’d get a tune out of him.

Home of Barca Fans