Philippe Coutinho

Andresito

Staff member
So the current rumor is just 6th month loan??

Ideally he leaves for good…

No club is willing to take that risk. Coutinho hasn't started more than 3-5 games in a row in years (I assume).

But a good loan spell at Aston Villa and we might be able to get rid of him, at worst for free, in the summer.
Not sure what counts as 'good' though. Bale did pretty well for Spurs but still remained at Madrid. Different circumstances perhaps.

MTL_Barca

Well why should any club sign him on a permanent deal when they very well know Barca is fine with a loan? So makes sense.

Just get rid of him, include a buy option and then hope for the best.

Devils

Good on him for agreeing to leave.

At least he shows some ambition to keep his career going and make the Brazil squad for the World Cup.

Not like that bum Umtiti who is just a complete leech at this point.

JamDav1982

Depends on whether Coutinho is prepared to take a drop in salary as well although having signed Torres already it puts them in weaker position to make any demands of Coutinho for length of window.

Also would have to take into account any potential loan fee as covering his salary but not seen that mentioned.

Mateka

CE167623-A7BC-4A43-B2C5-A74D646F309A.jpg

Reports mention 3 PL teams - tho Villa talks further along.

Barcelona wanting Villa to pay 100 per cent of the 29-year-old's reported 380,000-a-week salary. Birmingham Mail

Last edited:

fergus90

View attachment 9281

Reports mention 3 PL teams - tho Villa talks further along.

Barcelona wanting Villa to pay 100 per cent of the 29-year-old's reported 380,000-a-week salary. Birmingham Mail

That would make him our highest paid player ever by 260,000. Doesn't seem plausible that we'd go for that. We were willing to offer Grealish that kind of money but can't see the club doing it for a 6 month loanee.

Mateka

That would make him our highest paid player ever by 260,000. Doesn't seem plausible that we'd go for that. We were willing to offer Grealish that kind of money but can't see the club doing it for a 6 month loanee.

Send your letters quick to the Birmingham mail.

It depends if there is a loan fee.

Last edited:

Birdy

If that loan goes through, and Ferran is registered, it's a massive W for Laporta and Allemany
It's also giving more strength in the Dembele negotiations -> they don't have the card of relating his renewal with Ferran registrations, so no more threats of that kind

Realistically, I can expect Villa to cover up to 50% of his wages, not more

fergus90

Gerrard and Coutinho played together for 2 years, so Villa know what they could get, if he is fit.

Yup, I was only saying earlier that I’d take him here. Think Gerrard could definitely get a tune out of him and give him the confidence he needs.

And for us it’s a big name to generate some excitement and show some intent to the other clubs around us. Plus for Coutinho it’s another loan to yet another European cup winning club.

Home of Barca Fans