Philippe Coutinho

khaled_a_d

I hope Barca's insistence on obligatory buy clause won't ruin the deal. I'm ok as long as they take him on loan for 6 months and pay his full wages so we can register Ferran. That should be a priority for January, if he'll return in summer we'll deal with that then.

But hopefully he'll do well enough that more clubs will show interest if Arsenal won't buy him. If Newcastle stays up maybe they could be one of the clubs targeting him.

I would look for 1.5 year loan options first tbh.
Coutinho himself will want to be settled in new club before the world cup itself, and we will have Umtiti situation again and Pjanic to deal with next summer.
Need to decrease the load of dead weight a bit especially since next season will start early iirc

Messi983

I would look for 1.5 year loan options first tbh.
Coutinho himself will want to be settled in new club before the world cup itself, and we will have Umtiti situation again and Pjanic to deal with next summer.
Need to decrease the load of dead weight a bit especially since next season will start early iirc

Sure, if we can find a team to take him on loan until his contract expires then great. But priority is still offloading him for next 6 months.

Andresito

Staff member
Barca and Aston Villa are finishing the final details of a LOAN. Official in the coming hours or days.
This will allow for the registration of Ferran.
[MENTION=19381]sara[/MENTION]escriu

JamDav1982

Bunedia not been great and maybe could play a bit wider if Coutinho at 10 or vice versa.

Interesting to see him if goes to Villa and plays well if changes market for him.

fergus90

Yesterday they were talking about us getting Lucas Digne too. Taking all the Barca cast-offs, I’d be interested to see what Coutinho can do under Gerrard.

Buendia has improved in recent weeks to be fair and had a cracking assist the other night.

JamDav1982

Yesterday they were talking about us getting Lucas Digne too. Taking all the Barca cast-offs, I’d be interested to see what he Coutinho can do under Gerrard.

Buendia has improved in recent weeks to be fair and had a cracking assist the other night.

Yeah his turn was class for the Ings goal but not been great overall or in last match.

Dont think Gerrard is dismissing him just wants more options and both could play wider.

Andresito

Staff member
Yesterday they were talking about us getting Lucas Digne too. Taking all the Barca cast-offs, I’d be interested to see what he Coutinho can do under Gerrard.

Thought Newcastle were after Digne with Trippier already on the way.

fergus90

Thought Newcastle were after Digne with Trippier already on the way.

I think Newcastle are favourites but we are in the market for full-backs as both of ours have been shite.

Trippier is going to be officially announced today I think. 12mil which is pretty decent business for Newcastle

Home of Barca Fans