Philippe Coutinho

MTL_Barca

Well everyone knows Barca just wants to get rid of him and will probably be fine with just partially covered salary.

gregorrin10

WTF? They don't even cover his salary in full?

You have overestimated Aston Villa a lot, if you think they can afford a 440k/per week player. I mean EPL has money from TV rights yes, but clubs outside of the top 8 still don't have the financial pull of the biggest clubs, especially not for a player, that was here in the most generous Barca 'galactico' era, where Bartomeu overpaid every average player by at least 100k/per week. Coutinho would have give up at least 50% of his current wage for them to even think about paying him in full, and that's not gonna happen. I'd still take the loan for the sole satisfaction of not seeing him stink up the bench every week.

Even more so if we can convince them to take him for 18 months instead of 6, that would mean we're basically selling him, since his contracts ends then. Not getting an option to buy in there that way, yes, but it's not like we would've gotten more than 10M for him, after he'd stink up the bench for 6 more months. Not to mention this way we save a cool 35M anyway on his wages, or at least 20M if they cover 50-70% of them, so that saved money is basically like getting a transfer fee. I'd actually prefer that over a 6 month loan and a buy option, cause you just know they're not gonna buy him, even if it's a low buy out clause like 20M. He'd have to be spectacular for them in these few months for them to even consider exercising that option to buy, and I'm highly suspect he won't be.

gregorrin10

I really hope that this not a loan deal but a permanent one. We need a bit luck:lol:

Not a chance, unless Coutinho takes like a 50% reduction in wages. He's on like 440k/per week, for christ's sake! :lol: That's like 300k more than they paid any of their players ever! :p

Mateka

Aston Villa will have to take Philippe Coutinho on an 18-month loan in order to sign him from Barcelona, according to multiple reports in Spain.
Barca want Coutinho stay at Villa Park until June 2023, when his contract with the cash-strapped Blaugrana expires and he can leave for free.
The Villans are said to prefer an initial six-month deal but Barcelona are hoping they can persuade the Birmingham-based club to compromise and take him for longer - both to finally bring an end to his Barca career, but also to help their financial situation.

Current manager, Xavi Hernandez, has denied speaking to then Brazil international about an exit.
Daily Mirror

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans