Philippe Coutinho

Andresito

Staff member
So around 60/40 in regards to salary.

Good deal for all involved. Villa get a low buy fee that if agreed, they can take up before the expired contract auction in 2023.

I dont see Coutinho lowering his wages though, so good chances he is back in the summer and were looking for another loan. So lets hope he performs well enough.

I don't think players can refuse buy options. Never heard of a deal breaking down because of it. But I could be wrong.

Catta

Finally the piece of shit is gone, hope to never se him again in a Barca shirt. Worst deal ever, his transfer alone costed us another CL title.

Saladin

Buy option is between 35-45m. Villa never paying that lol

Villa is a rich PL club with ambitions and still sitting on Grealish-money; let's hope Phil does well enough for Stevie G and co. to pull the trigger. He could still be quality if he is only 70 % the player he was in Liverpool in his best form there.

MTL_Barca

Unless he miraculously performs so amazing that Villa is scared another club will buy him they'll never use the option.

Even if they want to keep him they can just send him back and probably get him for free anyway just so we get rid of him.

Birdy

Buy option is between 35-45m. Villa never paying that lol

They received 100m pounds for Grealish recently.
They can 100% pay that in the summer.

The real question is finding an agreement with him on his contract.
if yes, they will activate the option
if no, they will not

I think Cou also has in mind other (better) PL clubs like Arsenal or Spurs.
He thinks if he throws in good showings until the summer, these will come in for him, and he can agree a contract with them
Playing regularly before WC 2022 is a big motivation for him.
And thankfully the same motivation can stop him from coming back here in the summer

Andresito

Staff member
They received 100m pounds for Grealish recently.
They can 100% pay that in the summer.

The real question is finding an agreement with him on his contract.
if yes, they will activate the option
if no, they will not

I think Cou also has in mind other (better) PL clubs like Arsenal or Spurs.
He thinks if he throws in good showings until the summer, these will come in for him, and he can agree a contract with them
Playing regularly before WC 2022 is a big motivation for him.
And thankfully the same motivation can stop him from coming back here in the summer

They surely can. But I can't see anyone spending that much on Coutinho. I don't think he's worth that kind of money, especially at 30.

I think he'll have to be very good these upcoming months for them to consider it. I am doubtful tbh.

JamDav1982

Of course they can afford it and could without Grealish leaving as Villa are huge spenders.

The point I would assume is the value and never paying that for Coutinho unless absolutely explodes which seems unlikely.

fergus90

If he performs even half-decently we will be desperate to keep him. Yes, he's had a terrible time at Barca but he's a big name in the PL still where his reputation is better so he'd have to be truly terrible for us not to make it permanent.

3 years ago we were getting beat by Peterborough 3-1 with shite like Keinan Davis and Conor Hourihane starting for us. To have a player like Coutinho is a massive coup for us.

Home of Barca Fans