Philippe Coutinho

Mateka

I am not up to speed with Villa signings, but they have already spent the Grealish 100m.

VEmiliano Buendia from Norwich City for a club-record fee of 33million in June

Leon Bailey from Bayer Leverkusen for a fee of 30million

Danny Ings 30 million

El Gato

Villarato!
Good deal
Feels like that Ferran deal and bravado is opening some doors even if still have to work real hard to get good deal in negotiations rather than everyone taking advantage of poor Barca situation

fergus90

I am not up to speed with Villa signings, but they have already spent the Grealish 100m.

VEmiliano Buendia from Norwich City for a club-record fee of 33million in June

Leon Bailey from Bayer Leverkusen for a fee of 30million

Danny Ings 30 million

We tried to keep Grealish even once Buendia and Bailey was signed to be fair. Even tried to match your wages which would have blown our usual wage structure out the water.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
AV with a match in hand are effectively 10 pts off of CL spot so there's definitely money to be made in finishing better than 10-13

Mateka

We tried to keep Grealish even once Buendia and Bailey was signed to be fair. Even tried to match your wages which would have blown our usual wage structure out the water.

I agree. But where posts here think that there is a 100 m in the piggy bank at Villa waiting to be spent. The accounts show 100m in and 93 m has already gone out. Which was the point I was making.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

They have far more than 100m waiting for them to use if want to.

Focusing on that 100m means nothing other than gives them even more room within the league spending rules.

Mateka

AV have wealthy owners 6.8bn GBP

As a club the owners are happy to give a cash injection.

Is Aston Villa in debt?
Thanks to the unwavering support of our Owners, the operating loss and all capital investment has been funded by shareholder equity. Aston Villa remains debt free.9 Apr 2021

The Grealish money has come in and gone out.

Windhook

The issue is not Aston Villa finances at all, they have a lot of cash in the bank and will have even more next season. It's Coutinho's performance, whether he convinces the club to buy him permanently.

Home of Barca Fans