Pre-season: International Champions Cup

S7_MUFC

Strong line up. I wanna see Pedro bagging a hat-trick.

Is Van Gaal playing 4-2-3-1? If so Schneiderlin and Carrick are not the best pairing to shield the back 4 in terms of mobility. And how often does Blind play centre back for them? I know he can do a job as a left back but he's extremely slow.

Rarely, He was used there when we were out of options but it looks like LVG will be shoehorning him into our defence next season as he has no chance of getting into the midfield now..

EdmondDantes

Rarely, He was used there when we were out of options but it looks like LVG will be shoehorning him into our defence next season as he has no chance of getting into the midfield now..

That's what I had been thinking, with all these new arrivals, where or when Blind would get to play. It seems Van Gaal has found a solution, or at least a trial to see what he can do at CB. Paradoxically, despite his lack of pace, he did well as a left back for you lot last season. I remember being rather impressed by him there. As a CB I'm still skeptical. I know Van Gaal wants a left-footed centre back though, so that favours him. Whatever happens you still need to bring a central defender, Jones is far too clumsy and Smalling is just OK, Rojo is inconsistent.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
AAAAAAHHHH! Always hated United so much. Can we please meet them again soon in a real competition so MSN can tear them a new one? Another CL final would be great.

Bad game by many, but clearly most weren't taking it seriously. Man U went in hard with the tackles and everything. Many first team players, few more than us. We weren't great but we were undone by the post thrice and De Gea in the first half. Things I learnt:

- Masip played so poorly, beyond me why he's afraid to come off his line
- Halilovic doing the usual, why do I keep hoping against hope that he gains IQ?
- Roberto is officially Enrique's guinea pig. Now, a RB?
- Rafinha was the best player imo, but he keeps drifting in and out of the match, needs to immerse himself more. He's improving every season, and that's the plus. Capped of performance with that goal.
- Rakitic is getting better. Hopefully, gets back to his best by the season's start.
- Bartra was poor, he was being man-handled by Wilson, Lindgard and Januaj. Don't know how he lost out on strength with them. More time in the gym now?
- Suarez played well. Couldn't link up was well like MSN but twice hit the post.
- Adriano NEEDS to leave or improve. Oh lord, Roberto played better than him in RB today. Roberto.
- Munir & Sandro anonymous once again. Munir atleast showed some glimpses last match with his movement.
- Is Gumbau related to Bartomeu? How is he even here?
- Vermalean started Pirlo passing for a while, just without the accuracy. Enrique asked him to stop passing long, instead had to force Busquets between the CB's to receive the ball, because he was that bad. Damn it Verm.

I get Pre-Season is when we just return to train, and it's not time to focus on set-pieces yet. But, I hope the Assistant Manager gets us to atleast some form in them otherwise I'll have to listen to Chelsea fans after the next match.

Last edited:

silvia

Basically, MU players use elbows and push hard when they play.

and Munir and Sandro needs to be confident.
they are backing MSN, but possibility is number 4,5, in the world..!
attacker needs to score, scoring is their own responsibility.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Only a pre-season friendly so not bothered at all. Rather see us winning the real trophies than this International Champions Cup.

I would however like to see Samper play more minutes than Gumbau. Would be far more useful to spend those minutes on someone who actually has a real shot of playing for us.

Only a pre-season friendly so not bothered at all. Rather see us winning the real trophies than this International Champions Cup.

I would however like to see Samper play more minutes than Gumbau. Would be far more useful to spend those minutes on someone who actually has a real shot of playing for us.

What if, Lucho wants Gumbau to become a DM and Samper as a CM (as some thought he could become)? And this was a test to see how good Gumbau was?
I'm really searching for excuses, ain't I?

Home of Barca Fans