Pre-season: International Champions Cup

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What if, Lucho wants Gumbau to become a DM and Samper as a CM (as some thought he could become)? And this was a test to see how good Gumbau was?
I'm really searching for excuses, ain't I?

I think it's the latter tbh :lol:

Grimaldo is probably a better DM than Gumbau. It's strange. I really hope Lucho actually doesn't rate Gumbau more than Samper :lol:

Btw, I like your username. 'Sea of Frost' No idea what it is lol, but it clings.

raki

A bit of unlucky in the 3 balls in the posts, a denied goal and some easy going defending. Not worried.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Pre-season is the time for problems to unveil themselves so that we can address them before the season starts.

mazp

Better to win if only for confidence going into the season.

All these guys are winners, I don't think they need to win a friendly in July for confidence...they need to be ready for the Super Cup against Sevilla and to win it, that's the confidence boost you need going into the season.

jairzinho

Ahhh, Man Utd as usual, always eager to put on a show in the pre-season. Its not the first time in recent years they've beaten us in the pre-season. Over the same span of time we've put them to the sword in separate CL finals. Good to see that they've improved nevertheless.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I am not that unhappy with our play as I am with individual performances.
We were unlucky not to be in a lead in 1st half and got punished by individual mistakes.

Iniesta, as a captain, should lead by example. If he's not motivated he should just stay away until spring.

Darko

As I predicted, a loss, no need to worry because we are always poor in preseason, I'll never forget that Mexican team beating us 4-1 or something like that and our 1-1 draw with Hajduk Split :lol:

i_bleed_blaugrana

Dude, Rafinha had a helluva game. Really enjoying how he is evolving.

Van Gaal played a much stronger 11 than Lucho did, they had their two best strikers up top while we only had one. That coupled with the fact that they need to be sharper with the PL starting two weeks sooner showed a lot in this game. Nothing to be worried about, we played fine. If Sergi finishes, Suarez's FK curls two cms more to the left and we comfortably win this game.

Was nonetheless impressed with UTD today though. They look sharp and especially it they keep Di Maria, they are going to be a force this season. Very well organized 4-4-1-1, with narrowness in the MF that reminds of Simeone's tactics.

Neimax

I think we can be content with the performance of our team yesterday. We were pretty unlucky with three shots against the post and the disallowed goal of Suarez. Moreover, the goal from Rooney should have been disallowed as he pushed Adriano away. Only our defending was really bad in some situations yesterday, but I think this will change when it comes to official matches again. I would have loved to see Samper again, but unfortunateley he didn't play. Didn't see much of Sandro and Munir with exception of the header of Munir.
One question: why played Sergi Roberto as a right defender yesterday in the second half? I think he should have given some minutes to Douglas instead, as I don't think Roberto is a serious option for this position in the season.

Home of Barca Fans