Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilS

The French club will be moving up the table. Newcastle will finish higher than some of those big money clubs now ahead of them, maybe even play in Europe next year.

Ketoth

Speaking of foul play, Smalling physically stopped Giroud from getting a header. No one said a word about that.
Also, Giroud was constantly elbowed in the back when going for the aerial ball and we weren't winning the free kicks.

Yes, I went down that route :wub:

Banana-Rama

I don't see how you can predict that so confidently. Liverpool or Spurs could easily be in there.

the only top 4 team from last season that i think is in danger of not finishing in the top 4 this time is man city due to there terrible away form, however if they improve on that they will comfortably be in there. spurs have no chance of being in there, they don't score enough goals, soldado looks lightweight and off the pace of the premier league and there only alternative to him is defoe. liverpool are a decent outside bet for top 4, but i don't think there squad is quite there yet, particularly in midfield, having said that if man city continue to lose games away from home then they have a chance...

Banana-Rama

Worry less about Man C making top 4 and worry more about Man U making top 4.

there is no danger of united dropping out of the top 4 this season, it is just wishful thinking from rival fans like yourself, so no i am not worried in the slightest about a top 4 finish...

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
there is no danger of united dropping out of the top 4 this season, it is just wishful thinking from rival fans like yourself, so no i am not worried in the slightest about a top 4 finish...

It's not unwishful thinking at all. With Moyes as your manager its entirely possible and you'll soon realise that.

S7_MUFC

It's not unwishful thinking at all. With Moyes as your manager its entirely possible and you'll soon realise that.
It's less about Moyes and more about league being more competetive....I was not a big fan of Moyes' appointment and even wanted Mourhino(must have been nostalgic because I hate the guy) but Moyes is not much different from Fergie tactically and his emphasis of pressing hard will serve us well in Europe and against top teams away from home........At the moment no team is guarenteed of top 4 finish because we simply don't know how tottenham will perform after integration of Lamela and Eriksen into the team and I'm a bit worried about Southampton because they've been in form worthy of a top 4 finish since January........

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Exactly I agree no team is guaranteed top 4 at this time because every team is dropping points and therefore its hard to say with any degree of certaintly who will be in the top 4.

Banana-Rama

united will comfortably be in the top 4, we have better players then spurs or liverpool, that will show over the season, not going to get into another debate about david moyes, we have already had this discussion, lets move on...

Grimwig

I really rated the football moyes had everton going with, I remember their performance against Southampton that was simply scintillating, superb, BEAUTIFUL football.

theres a lot of rubbish going around per moyes' reputation, none of it has any truth.

I think its not entirely true united have better players then spurs of pool, though I don't think its contendable who has the best squad, and that is the factor which will drive man u into the top 4 for sure imo.

starting xi wise, Liverpool is arguably better imo, though their squad certainly has less depth. spurs have a similar squad depth to united in terms of overflowing quality, though their starting xi is a little off compared to the other contenders.

Banana-Rama

I really rated the football moyes had everton going with, I remember their performance against Southampton that was simply scintillating, superb, BEAUTIFUL football.

theres a lot of rubbish going around per moyes' reputation, none of it has any truth.

I think its not entirely true united have better players then spurs of pool, though I don't think its contendable who has the best squad, and that is the factor which will drive man u into the top 4 for sure imo.

starting xi wise, Liverpool is arguably better imo, though their squad certainly has less depth. spurs have a similar squad depth to united in terms of overflowing quality, though their starting xi is a little off compared to the other contenders.

in what area is liverpool's starting 11 better then united's, certainly not in defence, and they are picking players like lucas and henderson in midfield who wouldn't get games at united even with our midfield the way it is. as for up front, rvp-suarez is the toss of the coin but rooney is certainly a better player then sturridge. ''spurs have similar squad depth'', really???? rooney, van persie, hernandez, welbeck, kagawa against defoe, soldado, adebayor. vidic, ferdinand, evans, smalling, jones against dawson, vertongen, kaboul, chiriches, united have better players and better depth then both spurs and liverpool.

Alik

in what area is liverpool's starting 11 better then united's, certainly not in defence, and they are picking players like lucas and henderson in midfield who wouldn't get games at united even with our midfield the way it is. as for up front, rvp-suarez is the toss of the coin but rooney is certainly a better player then sturridge. ''spurs have similar squad depth'', really???? rooney, van persie, hernandez, welbeck, kagawa against defoe, soldado, adebayor. vidic, ferdinand, evans, smalling, jones against dawson, vertongen, kaboul, chiriches, united have better players and better depth then both spurs and liverpool.
Lol, I'd take Spurs backline any day. And their midfield too. And their wingers for that matter.

Banana-Rama

Lol, I'd take Spurs backline any day. And their midfield too. And their wingers for that matter.

you lot can't make your minds up, you think our team is no better then spurs or liverpool, so you would think moyes must be doing a great job when we inevitably finish above both teams in the table, yet the same people will still insist that moyes is a useless manager, cannot have it both ways...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans