Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
i think it is fair to say we have come through our poor start to the season, our form since losing to west brom has been excellent. as for those statistics, i prefer to look at where we are in the table, southampton won't be in top 4 come end of season so i discount them, 1 point behind chelsea, 3 points behind liverpool who we will be above come end of season so not worried about that.

arsenal have a very tough run of fixtures coming up so they will drop more points, they have a very tough december with games against everton, man city and chelsea along with an away trip to napoli and away games against west ham and newcastle. united are in the title race and have as good a chance as anyone wether you like it or not...

look at the tough games that united have already got out of the way, we have already played chelsea, liverpool, arsenal, man city and are within touching distance...

Yes but you are forgetting one thing.

You have david moyes as your manager.

:aga_fosaro2ble::aga_fosaro2ble::aga_fosaro2ble:

Jenks

He didn't knock Rooney over, Rooney knocked himself over when he tried to shove back into Giroud and bounced off. Had Rooney not tried that and just kept going toward goal, it would have probably been a penalty, but since he did they both collided and Rooney ended up being the loser.

Sorry no, it doesn't work like that. In both scenarios Giroud's actions are the same, therefore it should be a penalty in both scenarios. Rooney didn't knock himself over, Giroud knocked him over. The only difference is that Rooney tried (and failed) to stop him. If it were just a 50/50 shoulder barge then maybe you've have a point, but Giroud sticks his leg in there and tangles up with the player in possession. It's a foul all day long.

Last edited:

S7_MUFC

It's really annoying to see people defending Ramires dive and Giroud tackle instead of just admitting that referee's got those decisions wrong.....I can understand managers defending their players and decisions that went in their favor but for fans to keep insisting that the referees got those decisions right is ridiculous......

suckabov

Lemon curry?
i think it is fair to say we have come through our poor start to the season, our form since losing to west brom has been excellent. as for those statistics, i prefer to look at where we are in the table, southampton won't be in top 4 come end of season so i discount them, 1 point behind chelsea, 3 points behind liverpool who we will be above come end of season so not worried about that.

arsenal have a very tough run of fixtures coming up so they will drop more points, they have a very tough december with games against everton, man city and chelsea along with an away trip to napoli and away games against west ham and newcastle. united are in the title race and have as good a chance as anyone wether you like it or not...

look at the tough games that united have already got out of the way, we have already played chelsea, liverpool, arsenal, man city and are within touching distance...
Congrats, your dream of finishing 4th has become a little more realistic now :gap:

But hey! At least Vermaelen did well. That's the positive thing I guess.
And top of the league! And rest now. And Walcott back after the international break.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I went to St. Mary's on Saturday to watch Southampton vs Hull and I have to say, the Saints were fantastic. Pochettino has done a great job and they are playing some great football. Admittedly, Hull aren't the strongest opposition but Bruce has made them a very difficult team to break down and Southampton would have beaten anyone in the EPL yesterday with their first half performance. Great to see Hodgson being brave enough to pick 3 of their players for the England squad and with the likes of Ward-Prowse, Shaw and Clyne coming through they have some real talent for the future. Top 6 for this year?

Jenks

It's very possible. With the way the best teams have weakened and the chasing pack have strengthened the top of the table will be ridiculously open this year. First time in a long time we really have no idea how things will end up.

Ketoth

You on the windup mate? First the RVP celebration picture and now this?

I hate that guy so much. We should've sold him to Juventus.

He towered to that header with so much determination, he really wanted to beat us. So disrespectful.

Banana-Rama

It's very possible. With the way the best teams have weakened and the chasing pack have strengthened the top of the table will be ridiculously open this year. First time in a long time we really have no idea how things will end up.

that is a bit over the top i think, yes it is very difficult to predict who will win the league but the top 4 will be made up of the same 4 teams as last year...

Jenks

that is a bit over the top i think, yes it is very difficult to predict who will win the league but the top 4 will be made up of the same 4 teams as last year...

I don't see how you can predict that so confidently. Liverpool or Spurs could easily be in there.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Sorry no, it doesn't work like that. In both scenarios Giroud's actions are the same, therefore it should be a penalty in both scenarios. Rooney didn't knock himself over, Giroud knocked him over. The only difference is that Rooney tried (and failed) to stop him. If it were just a 50/50 shoulder barge then maybe you've have a point, but Giroud sticks his leg in there and tangles up with the player in possession. It's a foul all day long.

Just because Giroud's actions are the same in both scenarios doesn't mean that Rooney's actions don't affect it; if he's not in the box in the first place and Giroud just randomly runs in, it's not a penalty, right? It's because Rooney's is there that there's a foul, and which direction he's heading in affects whether it's a penalty or not. What Giroud was trying to do was to jump in front of Rooney, shielding the ball, and then kick it out. Rooney's push right is what caused them both to fall down, not the challenge. Again, I don't think the challenge was smart or that it wasn't reckless, I just don't think a reckless challenge is enough for a PK.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Would you say the same thing if say Vidic did that to Ramsey and no pen was given? No you wouldn't so please, for once, stop being so unbelievably fucking biased.

Doing my fucking head in.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Yes I would, I legitimately don't think it's a penalty. You guys know I'm not someone who's biased (in terms of honesty), I freely admit that United probably deserved that result and were the better team, but I do not think it was a penalty. Had it been Arsenal, my initial reaction would have been different, but if a United fan was saying the same thing I am now I would agree with them.

Jenks

Just because Giroud's actions are the same in both scenarios doesn't mean that Rooney's actions don't affect it; if he's not in the box in the first place and Giroud just randomly runs in, it's not a penalty, right? It's because Rooney's is there that there's a foul, and which direction he's heading in affects whether it's a penalty or not. What Giroud was trying to do was to jump in front of Rooney, shielding the ball, and then kick it out. Rooney's push right is what caused them both to fall down, not the challenge. Again, I don't think the challenge was smart or that it wasn't reckless, I just don't think a reckless challenge is enough for a PK.

No it isn't, it's the tangle of legs that Giroud causes. There could have been no push by either of them and he'd have still tripped Rooney up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans